Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frozen 4

Go down 
+2
joe
tonyc1257
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyc1257

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Living here in eastern Pa. as I do, I remember reading something that the frozen 4 will be in Philly sometime soon. Anybody have any info. on this ?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Only if Tampa is in Eastern PA.

Unless you mean in future years?

Google is your friend! lol

joe

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:27 pm

BTW, according to the NCAA site Future sites are TBD.

UI have a hard time believing that. You think they don't know where next year's Frozen Four will be?

BetterThansparty

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:56 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Google is your friend! lol

Yep, Google is your friend BUT only if you know how to use it.

http://www.uscho.com/2010/07/13/future-frozen-fours-pittsburgh-in-2013-philadelphia-in-2014/

Razz

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 am

I don't understand WTF the frozen four is doing in Tampa. Makes no sence. I hope it doesn't cause empty seats.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:55 am

With you 100% on that ("makes no sense"). Equally nonsensical, to me anyhow, was the fact that San Jose, Charlotte and Dallas had NHL franchises and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, did NOT. A hockey-crazed
city (any other kind north of the 49th?) of 775,000 not having an NHL franchise.

But, they finally got one again (the Jets).

Indeed, why in hell a Frozen Four would be played in a Florida City, when none of the colleges south of the Mason/Dixon line even friggin' FIELDS a [ice] hockey team, beats the shit out of me...(since ScrewOSU allows us to say that on this forum).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 am

Forget where the FF was last year, but I remember the regional is StL last year. I wasn't able to go (I was living in StL at the time, but came to Chicago for the weekend), but a few work buddies took the day off and went. They sat in the box through our company, but they said the arena was 1/2 full.

The NCAA needs to realize that this sport is growing, and that they need to place these tournys in locations that will create a huge draw. More people on the stands = looks more exciting on tv = more ticket sales the following year and so on.

Either way, Tampa or not, I hope we're clicking on all of our lines and go down there and beat the shit out of some people.

Because god knows my Blackhawks couldn't buy a fucking win right now.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:36 am

I'm glad the Blackhawks are struggling. Hate them.

I went to the frozen four a few years ago in Detroit a few years ago. What a great time.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:42 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I don't understand WTF the frozen four is doing in Tampa. Makes no sence. I hope it doesn't cause empty seats.

Saying that it does not make any sense to hold a Frozen Four in Florida is somewhat ignorant. The NCAA is trying to increase the popularity of college hockey throughout the country. It isn't like Hockey is a completely foreign thing in Florida. Ever heard of the Tampa Bay Lightening? How about the Florida Panthers? And take a look at The University of Michigan's Hockey team roster, 3 players are from non-traditional hockey states. Mike Chiasson (yes, Steve Chiasson's son) is from Henderson, Nevada. Luke Moffatt hails from Paradise Valley, Arizona. And one of the best players on the team, Chris Brown, comes from Flower Mound, Texas.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:45 pm

michmike wrote:
With you 100% on that ("makes no sense"). Equally nonsensical, to me anyhow, was the fact that San Jose, Charlotte and Dallas had NHL franchises and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, did NOT. A hockey-crazed
city (any other kind north of the 49th?) of 775,000 not having an NHL franchise.

But, they finally got one again (the Jets).

Indeed, why in hell a Frozen Four would be played in a Florida City, when none of the colleges south of the Mason/Dixon line even friggin' FIELDS a [ice] hockey team, beats the shit out of me...(since ScrewOSU allows us to say that on this forum).

Uh, Alabama-Huntsville fields a D-1 Hockey program...

Winnipeg never would have lost their NHL franchise to Phoenix in the first place if people would have went to the games.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Forget where the FF was last year, but I remember the regional is StL last year. I wasn't able to go (I was living in StL at the time, but came to Chicago for the weekend), but a few work buddies took the day off and went. They sat in the box through our company, but they said the arena was 1/2 full.

The NCAA needs to realize that this sport is growing, and that they need to place these tournys in locations that will create a huge draw. More people on the stands = looks more exciting on tv = more ticket sales the following year and so on.

Either way, Tampa or not, I hope we're clicking on all of our lines and go down there and beat the shit out of some people.

Because god knows my Blackhawks couldn't buy a fucking win right now.

Yes, St. Louis was a disaster! The NCAA learned that you cannot hold a Regional in an area that is not a traditional hockey hot-bed. However, the Frozen Four is a much different story. The Frozen Four is basically the same thing as the Final Four, just on a much smaller scale. You have no idea how many people go to The Frozen Four every year, regardless if their team is in it or not. The stands in Tampa will be full, trust me on this. A possible reason for the NCAA holding the Frozen Four in Tampa is in fact the weather. It's like a mini-vacation in addition to hockey. That's a great reward for the fans, as well as the unfortunate losers of the two national semi-finals games.

And the blackhawks have dual-bad karma stemming from 1.) Signing Hossa, and 2.) Yelling and screaming during the National Anthem. That's not tradition, just dissrespectful.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:04 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm glad the Blackhawks are struggling. Hate them.

I agree. Very Happy

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I went to the frozen four a few years ago in Detroit a few years ago. What a great time.

Absolutely, and Michigan nor Michigan state were there. That's my point exactly, Tampa will be full. How many people wearing different jerseys did you see walking around there? And how many of them WEREN'T in the tournament?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frozen 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen 4   Frozen 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frozen 4
Page 1 of 1