Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'll just leave this here...

Go down 
+3
wshoes
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

I'll just leave this here... Empty
PostSubject: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:45 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152278983933894
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:44 am

I do not have a lot of confidence in a return this year after hearing he only started rehab 2.5 weeks ago. I just think it wi be too quick of a turnaround BUT it would be great to see him on the court again. We could really use him.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:50 am

When Jon and Jordan were both in foul trouble with a lot of time left Sunday, I was allowing myself to imagine Mitch slipping down to the locker room to suit up.

One thing I'll say about him, compared to a lot of team's injured stars who sit on the bench trying to look cool, Mitch is an exuberant team member. Love how he's out during pre game shooting warm-ups shagging balls and flipping them out to guys as well,

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:05 am

That little bit of dancing is nothing compared to the banging and running up and down the court that he would have to do as a D1 basketball player.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:29 am

Agree Fish.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 am

wshoes wrote:

One thing I'll say about him, compared to a lot of team's injured stars who sit on the bench trying to look cool, Mitch is an exuberant team member. Love how he's out during pre game shooting warm-ups shagging balls and flipping them out to guys as well,

'shoes

Shoes, that leads to a point of curiosity on this end. Let's say (and we all sincerely hope so) Mitch's back completely heals up, over the late spring and early summer (read: he does not play again this season).

Do you think there's any correlation between his obvious enthusiasm for the team, even in street clothes, and the likelihood of his return next year?  

Whether or not there is, I get a helluva lot warmer-n-fuzzier (in terms of the probability of his return) from his open-for-all-to-see "I luv my team" attitude than I would from a sulking, skulking Me-Firster...of which there are plenty in sports.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 pm

He's coming back. He has to. He needs to prove he recovered, and that the back won't be an issue. Right now, he'd be too expensive a risk for a NBA team to take.

(fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Mike, I think there is a correlation- whether that pull will be enough, I don't know.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 pm

dwoody wrote:
He's coming back. He has to. He needs to prove he recovered, and that the back won't be an issue. Right now, he'd be too expensive a risk for a NBA team to take.

(fingers crossed)

Your logic is sound but NBA teams have proven illogical more than a few times, taking risks on injured players.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Well, I bet Dumars won't be making any picks this year!
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:33 pm

dwoody wrote:

(fingers crossed)

Woody, despite Shoes' accurate statement that the NBA has made more than a mere handful of seemingly-thoughtless draft decisions, I'm with you on this one. Not only for the reasons you cite above, but let's face it---until his phenomenal run in the NCAA tourney, did Mitch look like an NBA-caliber star most of the time, most of last [regular] season?   Won't the Marty Blakes of the world want more "proof" than is yet available?
(A larger "sample set", as statisticians say?)
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Addendum to post above: And let's also face this---the only way MM's going to give them that added "sample set" is by playing a full college season, against live (and real--like Big Ten real) competition, not by attending a few combines for their (NBA scouts') benefit, where players merely go through the motions in a totally-controlled environment with no records or outcomes at stake.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm almost to the point where I'm expecting him to play again this season.

-Possibly in the regular season finale vs Indiana for one final game at Crisler Arena?
-Possibly in the Big Ten tournament?
-Possibly for the NCAA tournament?

I don't know, but I do think we see it.

McGary's surgery was January 7th and was back in classes January 9th. I've been curious about the situation for the past month. No details were ever given about the surgery besides it was "back surgery". There are some minor back surgeries that require "4 to 6 weeks recovery time". It has been 4 weeks since the surgery, the Big Ten tournament is 9 weeks away from the surgery, NCAAT is 10 weeks. Also, they've never come out and said "McGary is out for the season". His status has always been "Out Indefinitely".

Every day, McGary will have tweets with #TheReturn. I believe that is pretty indicative. I really don't think his back is an issue at this point. If his back was an issue, why would he be out, at a party, in winter boots, dancing on snow/ice? I feel like he would be a bit more cautious if his back wasn't feeling good.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:19 pm

I agree that the circumstantial evidence is that the surgery had to be pretty minor-as back surgery goes- which is perhaps a contradiction in that back surgery is a scary deal anytime.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:01 pm

The surgery was called "immediate relief" surgery. I don't know what that entitles, but Henrik Zetterback had "immediate relief" back surgery and missed 8 weeks.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 8:49 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
The surgery was called "immediate relief" surgery. I don't know what that entitles, but Henrik Zetterback had "immediate relief" back surgery and missed 8 weeks.

Believe you meant to type [what that] entails.

So in only 8 weeks HZ was Mr.Henrik Better Back?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:02 am

I'm not a Red Wings fan.

Isn't his name ZetterBERG?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Two typos. My bad.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Just wondered if there was a new foreign player I hadn't heard of? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll just leave this here...   I'll just leave this here... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll just leave this here...
Page 1 of 1