Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

White helmet chin straps.....need to change!

Go down 
+3
Admin
fishgoblue22
maizerage5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
maizerage5

maizerage5

White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty
PostSubject: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty15th February 2012, 3:53 pm

I know you guys might think this is a dumb or pointless post, but I have an honest question! Why does UM use white chin straps, it looks outdated and old? Even Ohio State has red chin straps which looks good on their helmets. The white in my opinion looks bad with the maize and blue helmet and blue face mask. I wish they were blue, or even maize! I love how Oregon has back chin straps and or green! Is this a Nike thing, or just helmet issue? I have even written UM about it saying they need to switch them to blue or maize. I loved our maize and blue yellow Adidas gloves this year! I think a tweaking once in a while is good!

I vote blue chin straps, would look better with the helmet.....your guys opinion!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty15th February 2012, 3:58 pm

I like it white. Gives that old school look. Heck, I like the grey face masks too. I would keep that.
Back to top Go down
maizerage5

maizerage5

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty15th February 2012, 4:03 pm

I just think it throws off the flow of the uniform. On our white jerseys it looks ok, but the home blue unis I think it looks bad. Everything is maize or blue except the white chin straps.....I guess it weirdly irritates me.....LOL!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty16th February 2012, 12:02 am

I like them white because they always have been. I'm a traditionalist. I like the blue masks, no numbers and white straps. When I visualize the white strap, I think of Tom Brady more than anything for some reason.

PostSubject: I liked the stickers Bo used for good plays because   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty16th February 2012, 12:32 am

all thngs Bo are holy.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty16th February 2012, 1:03 am

I wouldn't mind seeing the stickers make a return.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty16th February 2012, 1:09 am

dwoody wrote:
all thngs Bo are holy.

Thank you, you did say "all things" so therefore I am holy...

But I'm actually not that found of the helmet stickers. Reminds me of ohio too much (and even lil'brother is doing it now). I personally don't think that the stickers will ever be back under Coach Hoke (unless the players express that they want them).

BTW, did anyone here notice that the entire sparty team each got a big "S" for their helmet because they beat Michigan? Talk about an obsession...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty16th February 2012, 2:14 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
BTW, did anyone here notice that the entire sparty team each got a big "S" for their helmet because they beat Michigan? Talk about an obsession...

"S" sticker = obsession

but

gold pants = rivalry

I definitely see your point 2ndComing but it's almost like I'm putting a double standard on it if I let myself feel that way.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty16th February 2012, 11:44 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

"S" sticker = obsession

but

gold pants = rivalry

I definitely see your point 2ndComing but it's almost like I'm putting a double standard on it if I let myself feel that way.

Yea but exchanging your gold pants for tattoos, now that's just smart business... Rolling Eyes

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty17th February 2012, 3:02 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

"S" sticker = obsession

but

gold pants = rivalry

Yea but exchanging your gold pants for tattoos, now that's just smart business... Rolling Eyes

not necessarily. I wonder what the market value of the tattoos are compared to market value of the gold they exchanged for them. My gut tells me they may have traded down. They clearly did not perform a thorough cost benefit analysis prior to the exchange of merchandise and services.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty17th February 2012, 8:18 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

"S" sticker = obsession

but

gold pants = rivalry

not necessarily. I wonder what the market value of the tattoos are compared to market value of the gold they exchanged for them. My gut tells me they may have traded down. They clearly did not perform a thorough cost benefit analysis prior to the exchange of merchandise and services.

Did you see some of those tatt's? There was some pretty extensive artwork done there, I'm guessing that they would normally cost between $300-$400 each (and each player had multiple tattoo's). And as far as I know, those "Gold pants" are not actually made of gold. I highly doubt that they're worth over $100.

But you also cannot possibly expect a student at tuo$ to be able to perform an appropriate CBA...

pirat

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty18th February 2012, 1:24 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

I like the numbers on the helmets, but don't want them to return to the stickers, too much clutter.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty18th February 2012, 2:12 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

I like the numbers on the helmets, but don't want them to return to the stickers, too much clutter.

I'm also against the stickers although I'm actually not fond of the numbers on the helmets. However, the players wanted them so what can ya do? It's no immense deal, as long as the helmets don't end-up looking like a bill-board...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty18th February 2012, 2:26 pm

Well, in the end, Hoke calls the shots. I like that he responds to his players wishes....but he'd better step up and say no if they try and push for some bullshit.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty18th February 2012, 3:14 pm

Admin wrote:
Well, in the end, Hoke calls the shots. I like that he responds to his players wishes....but he'd better step up and say no if they try and push for some bullshit.

I'm sure he will, but showing flexibility for the numbers on the helmets was nice to see (even if I don't like them that much). The numbers are, after all, part of Michigan's history. The players first learned about them while wearing the "legacy uniforms". I'm positive that Coach Hoke won't succumb to players demands on just a whim. There has to be history behind it.

That's also why I don't see the chin-straps leaving but who knows?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White helmet chin straps.....need to change!   White helmet chin straps.....need to change! Empty

Back to top Go down

White helmet chin straps.....need to change!
Page 1 of 1