Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place Empty
PostSubject: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 am

on Sayerday Night telecasts.

I'm guessing Rece Davis will move to Fowler's spot on Gameday leaving Lou Holtz and Mark May with some other poor bastard.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Fowler is a typical ESPN SEC homer. not sure how I feel about this. Will it be fowler and Herby in the booth together?

joe

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Mushberger is just as big of an SEC homer in his later years.

So big he HAD to compare the National Champion FSU to an SEC team.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Musberger is going to the SEC channel. He is calling only SEC games with Jesse Palmer.

I love Musberger in the booth.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:42 pm

I used to. But it's been a while.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 6:38 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Musberger is going to the SEC channel.  He is calling only SEC games with Jesse Palmer.  

I love Musberger in the booth.  

Me too, I've always liked him, even at his age he's still good.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 am

Musberger is known for being a Big Ten homer (even though he's a west coast guy.) SEC folks can't stand him, but I assume they will love him now.

He has shifted with espn, favoring the SEC over the past couple years though imo. (which is ok, that's who he works for.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 pm

I used to hate Musberger, but he got a lot better over the last 10 years or so.

Not a fan of Fowler getting the nod for the Saturday night primetime game. He used to call the Thursday night games for a few years, and I always felt back then even that it wasn't his strongsuit. He doesn't bring much 'gusto' to the broadcast. Herbstreit is going to have to bring a lot to the table to pick up the slack, imho.

I think Joe Tessitore could've been an unexpected-but-tremendous promotion to that timeslot. The Tessitore effect is real. Any game he calls, expect it to be wild.

Hell, I think Rece Davis would've been better than Fowler.

But, Fowler has certainly put in his dues to get this promotion. I hope it works out for him, as I do love him as the ringleader of Gameday every Saturday morning.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place   Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Fowler taking Mushfaceburger's place
Page 1 of 1