Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
WillieMfan
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from Empty
PostSubject: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 pm

WYD and azzhole, something like 40% total about how "nice" it is there now that us "trolls" are gone.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:26 pm

comical

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Still surprised to see regulars there at all. Especially shoes. He is a pretty non-confrontational guy and yet he seems to prefer that one to this one. I am basing that off of the fact that I have seen him still posting there but almost never posting here.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Old Habbits?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:09 pm

I find them easy to break when you have to deal with that crap. I was on that forum for 7-8+ years. I have been back there maybe 5 times since this forum was created.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 pm

I have made the occassional post, but that's because I was just trying to start stuff. I pretty much just did a hit and run.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Very Happy I have thought of doing that myself! Probably will at some point.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:21 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Old Habbits?

I read a study one time about the hardest habits to break. Don't quote me but they were something along the lines of

1. sleeping
2. eating
3. driving

I think they may need to add mlive to the list.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Well, without trying to sound like an ass, I don't think sleeping and eating in and of themselves is a habit. Both of those are a need to live. Now, excessive eating and excessive periods of sloth and that would be correct.

My wife quit drinking years ago. Still can't quit smoking. She's quit several times. Never for ever though. She swears it's 1000000X harder to kick cigarettes.

One habit I'm so glad I never picked up.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Just went for 10 minutes. Made 1 post in a Ted Nugent Thread.

That was the only thread worth posting in.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:04 pm

According to science.....it takes 21 days to break a habit, basically regardless of what it is.

Smoke meth? You'll suffer from withdrawals and the addiction for 21 days.

Eat too many Twinkies? You'll want to punch someone in the face for 21 days as you fiend for one.

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Most of those 31 posts are gone, as those two inevitably have a melt-down. Looks like azz-munch got banned again, totally wiped from the board, LOL! Mlive has to be feeling the lack of hits.

I would also say that forum is easier to peruse for posts/posters that you want to read. Scout has an option where you can choose "Topic View", which looks like this, or "Thread View" which looks more like Mlive.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Admin wrote:
According to science.....it takes 21 days to break a habit, basically regardless of what it is.

Smoke meth? You'll suffer from withdrawals and the addiction for 21 days.

Eat too many Twinkies? You'll want to punch someone in the face for 21 days as you fiend for one.

Science....

Scientists can not see addiction therefore is doesn't exist. That couldn't be any more wrong. There is soooo much that we don't know about the brain, nor will we ever know. Addiction is real, contrary to what the "beeker-bitches" state.

If it wasn't real why are there so many treatment centers for drug abuse? How come Alcoholics Annonymous is a national organization? Why do people die from it EVERYDAY? Sure, we only hear about celebrities but do you honestly think that those are the only people to die from it?

Science, what a crock. They're all a bunch of Sheldon's....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:35 am

I definitely agree addiction 'exists', contrary to some simply chalking things up to mental weakness. I feel it myself every morning when I wake up and crave a cigarette.

I don't know where they came up with the 21 day stat. It's just something I've heard from multiple people in my lifetime.

I have a buddy who recently quit smoking. I didn't tell him about the 21-day thing. But, by the end of week 3 (so days 25-28 or so), he said he didn't feel the crave for one any longer.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:
I have a buddy who recently quit smoking. I didn't tell him about the 21-day thing. But, by the end of week 3 (so days 25-28 or so), he said he didn't feel the crave for one any longer.

I quit smoking 10 years ago. The way I remember it was the first month was a bitch. Especially driving, you know when you're driving to/from work and you normally light up at a certain location. But after a month you only get cravings once a month for the next several months. Then once every-other-month for so long, and so on. I haven't had even a minimal craving for years.

IMO cigarette smoking is more of a psychological addiction. Prescription pills however, are a whole 'nother monster. There is a rather substantial chemical factor in ADDITION to psychological factors. Those psychological factors are even larger than a cigarettes' because of the effects that they cause. People remember the euphoric feelings and continue to crave them and do not consider the effects. A good comparison (on a much different level of course) would be why a cigarette following sex is so craved.

Plus, there is the problkem that many people think, "Well, my Doctor prescribed them, they must be safe." Ha!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Admin wrote:

I can tell you that it's been over 21 days since the last UM football game and I am still as addicted as ever. In fact I'm going through some pretty nasty withdrawals right now. I don't think I'll ever be able to shake this habit. You are all enablers. Shame on you, I think. Or maybe thanks for the hit, I think.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Hahahah great post!    Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:24 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Admin wrote:

I can tell you that it's been over 21 days since the last UM football game and I am still as addicted as ever. In fact I'm going through some pretty nasty withdrawals right now. I don't think I'll ever be able to shake this habit. You are all enablers. Shame on you, I think. Or maybe thanks for the hit, I think.

Yeah, this is an addiction we'll never shake.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from   Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from Empty

Back to top Go down

Mlive: 31 posts today, about half from
Page 1 of 1