Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night Empty
PostSubject: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:23 pm

scored 56 of his team's 68 points last night in the championship game.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-03-21/sports/chi-jalen-brunson-jahlil-okafor-young-stevenson-03-20140321_1_jahlil-okafor-jalen-brunson-miles-reynolds

he's been trending UM for a while now but MSU has been making a push for him too (albeit seemingly unsuccessfully)

http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Brunson-23594

Hail you seem to follow BBall recruiting fairly well and I'm trying to get better at it. Where do you have Brunson on your PG board?

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:47 pm

This is how I would rank Michigan's PG targets in terms of how much I'd like them assuming we can only get 1.

Tyus Battle 2016 (PG, Rivals #11)
Jalen Brunson 2015 (PG, Rivals #28)
Derryck Thornton 2016 (PG, Rivals #22)
Jamal Murray 2016 (PG, Rivals #28)
Jalen Coleman 2015 (Combo Guard, Rivals #34)
Eric Davis 2015 (Combo Guard, Rivals #30)

If we land Brunson in 2015, I'd be very happy, but that likely means we are out of the Tyus Battle sweepstakes. Tyus Battle is one of those special players that we'd be landing over every other program in the country. A perfect scenario would be land Coleman or Eric Davis in 2015 and Battle in 2016. We will have Albrecht through 2015/2016 and possibly Walton through 2016/2017, so I don't think we need to rush to fill the PG spot. Still, I'd be happy with landing Brunson and call it a day (at the PG position).
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Oh, another 2016 elite target is Cassius Winston. We are in on a lot of great PGs the next two classes.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:55 pm

I pretty much agree with your point above that Spike will be a backup and presumably we have Walton for another two years so missing on a PG this year wouldn't be a big deal.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:17 pm

You guys really think Walton will be around after next year?

I kinda see the 3 guys going pro and us relying on Caris and Derrick for the majority of our offense. Irvan should also score about 10-12 a game but I see Walton getting closer to a Trey Burke in running the team. I am NOT saying he'll be anywhere near as good I'm just suggesting what style of play I envision. Not saying I'm right.

And if he runs the offense close to the way Burke did I would think he'd turn pro.

I guess I don't expect almost any starter to stay much longer than 2 years any more.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:20 pm

I thin Walton takes a huge step, but I don't think he will be ready to go pro after next season
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:21 pm

joe wrote:

I kinda see the 3 guys going pro and us relying on Caris and Derrick for the majority of our offense. Irvan should also score about 10-12 a game but I see Walton getting closer to a Trey Burke in running the team. I am NOT saying he'll be anywhere near as good I'm just suggesting what style of play I envision. Not saying I'm right.

And if he runs the offense close to the way Burke did I would think he'd turn pro.

I guess I don't expect almost any starter to stay much longer than 2 years any more.  Smile 

I think he'll take a page from Burke's book and realize he may good enough to go pro next year but after another year of polishing he'll be a lottery lock.

I see him at UM two more years.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:01 am

joe wrote:

I see Irvin as the leading scorer next year. I think he makes a Stouskas leap.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:30 am

I agree fish.

But that doesn't mean he'll be the best or most important player.

He'll also have the most shots attempted.

And he'll only have that leap if he doesn't rest on his laurels and works harder than hell in the off season.

One advantage now, everyone at Michigan can point at Nik and Caris and say, "See. If you want to be good you have to work at it."

Quite the precedent has been set. Let's see who the story is about next year.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:23 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I see Irvin as the leading scorer next year.  I think he makes a Stouskas leap.

Caris Lavert will be back. He'll  be a monster scorer. More that Irvin.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 am

But eggo, I think LeVert will pass the ball much much more than Irvan.

This sends me back to my thought that Irvan could be the leading scorer but not the best player on the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night   Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night Empty

Back to top Go down

Hail did you see what Jalen Bruson did last night
Page 1 of 1