Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical Empty
PostSubject: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Here is a hypothetical question I have been meaning to ask since Urban Meyer was hired at TSIO.

Take a step back in time with me about 5 years ago when Urban Meyer publicly campaigned for Florida to play Ohio State in the national championship game over Michigan after Michigan's 42-39 loss in Columbus.

Do you think that if UM would have won that game and Urban campaigned for Florida to play in the national championship game over Ohio State that Ohio State and it's fan-base would have wanted Urban as a replacement coach for Jim Tressel?

My thought is no. They would have gone after someone else. Any Thoughts?

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:58 pm

IMHO, it would depend on the following dichotomic possibilities:

(1) If he had FAILED, and OSU got its rematch with U-M anyway, they would have forgiven and forgotten (having gotten their way when they wanted it) and hired him.

(2) If he had SUCCEEDED, and gotten in (vs. U-M) ahead of OSU, the OUTCOME of that game would determine whether they'd have gone after him hard last year. After all, beating Michigan is the pulse of their very lives' continuation, no? (John "The Michigan Beater at ASU" Cooper, anyone?)
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Not that sure. The o$u fanbase is so pathologic that you cannot possibly determine anything they do. But you must also remember, urban crier did bitch and moan until he got his way, then proceeded to kick the shit out of o$u in the NC game.

I personally don't think that incident plays any role in how the suckeye-faithful view him. The fans of o$u have a form of ADD, they don't care what you did 2 years ago, only that you beat Michigan.

And no I'm not gonna give the requsite urban is 0-1 all-time against Michigan. I do however hope that we can start referring to him as urban "cooper" meyer...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:51 pm

I like your nickname...here's hoping we can pin it on him.
Definitely don't want U-M to make him a LEGEND...

(sorry...)
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:18 pm

michmike wrote:
I like your nickname...here's hoping we can pin it on him.
Definitely don't want U-M to make him a LEGEND...

(sorry...)

If that name is able to be used after November 24, 2012 I definitely will be the first person to bring that name back up. Wow, o$u fans cringe at the mere mention of the name john cooper...

flower

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:39 pm

9 months ago O$U fans hated that slime-ball snake oil salesman Urban Meyer. Now they love him.

(Just an addendum to 2ndcoming's post.)

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:10 pm

o$u doesn't have the most intelligent fan-base ever...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I don't think that situation, regardless of how it played out hypothetically, would have changed OSU's thoughts on hiring the guy.

Let's face it, the guy is a hell of a coach and a hell of a recruiter.

CFB is a business. And one of the first things you learn in business is that you leave personal shit out of it. Business is business, i.e. a good coach is a good coach. And they needed one, badly.

I wish like hell Fickell didn't suck so bad this year...maybe, just maybe, he would have been given another year or two.

Just my opinion.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Upon deeper introspection, I have to agree with Admin; it wouldn't have meant diddly-squat, at the end of the day, HOW the 2006 BCS situation played out re: U-M, U-F, and OSU. Even the shit-for-brains OSU administration and fans would come to the age-old conclusion "He makes a better friend than foe" and scarfed up S[L]ICK URBY.

That was a jab at his shady tac's, not in any way intended to imply misfortune wished upon his health, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Agree 100%...   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:49 pm

michmike wrote:
Upon deeper introspection, I have to agree with Admin; it wouldn't have meant diddly-squat, at the end of the day, HOW the 2006 BCS situation played out re: U-M, U-F, and OSU. Even the shit-for-brains OSU administration and fans would come to the age-old conclusion "He makes a better friend than foe" and scarfed up S[L]ICK URBY.

That was a jab at his shady tac's, not in any way intended to imply misfortune wished upon his health, by the way.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical   OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Urban Meyer Hypothetical
Page 1 of 1