Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kentucky

Go down 
+4
the artist formally known
hailtoyourvictor
wshoes
MgoBlue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:09 am

Thoughts on our next opponent? Keys to the game?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:17 am

To me it's the same key as the last game- for Morgan to stay out of foul trouble.

I think our last two games have prepared us a little bit better to play KY, than their last two games have prepared them to play us. But if Morgan get's the early blocking file or two called on him, instead of getting the charge call, then we are scr-wed.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:39 am

Let's hope his experience gets their youth rattled. Maymons foul trouble was huge for us last night.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Michigan runs a lot of ballscreens. Beilein's offense thrives on this and that is no secret. Coach Calipari likes to switch all ballscreens. Kentucky has a center, Will Cauley-Stein, who is a shotblocker and athletic enough to switch on guards. It would be very hard for our shooters to get good looks off ball screens with WCS in the game.

WCS is not suiting up tomorrow.

hailtoyourvictor

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 12:43 pm

A few fun facts.

-The Fab 5 was a group of elite freshmen that took Michigan to the Final 4.
-Kentucky will be starting 5 elite freshmen against Michigan, with the winner going to the Final 4.
-Michigan will be playing for the chance to go to back to back Final 4s for the first time since the Fab 5 days.
-Michigan's Fab 5 beat Kentucky in the 1993 Final 4.

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Kentucky is not going to be an easy task, two 7'0 centers and two 6'8 forwards, their guards are long and lengthy @ 6'6" can shoot and play defense, They will have a very good fan base there. Going to be some tough match ups for the front line Walton will have his hands full,as will Morgan and Robinson. Michigan better have the 3's dropping.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:18 pm

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2014/story/_/id/10693940/kentucky-wildcats-big-man-willie-cauley-stein-doubtful-elite-eight

Haven't been able to watch the games, how big a deal is this?
Back to top Go down

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Not much he came off the bench. He is a 7'0 center will hurt their depth up the middle. He is a sophomore. That get a good amount of playing time..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 1:39 pm

It's somewhat of a big deal, he was an effective defensive player and it hurts their depth.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Well, I just think if we lost Horford.

Not the starter but beyond him is Beilfeldt.

If e lost Horford it wouldn't show up in our starters but in our depth.

Same for their guy.

joe

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:31 pm

BTW, I'm not right o very many predictions but I believe I was the only one to post that Kentucky would beat Louisville.

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME!!!!! Lol

Now, I predict Michigan will beat Kentucky.

The other prediction I made, and I hate the prediction but, before we played MSU in the B1G Championship game I said the winner of that game would win the national championship. I really really really hope I turn out wrong.

hailtoyourvictor

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Will Cauley-Stein averages 7pts, 6rebs, and 3 blocks per game. He is a projected lottery pick. He is not Kentucky's best player, but the kid is good.

Like I said earlier, the biggest blow to Kentucky here is how Kentucky defends the ball screen (pick and roll). Will Cauley-Stein could switch on a ball screen and his length/shot blocking skills would hinder our shooters (read: Stauskas) from getting 3pt looks off screens. Dakari Johnson is not nearly the defender Caley-Stein is which bodes well for pick and rolls.

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:35 pm

One MAJOR key to this game will be the fact John Calipuri will be in the same situation as was Texas coach Rick Barnes was in the middle-day two rounds ago: having only one 36-hour period to plan for coach Beilein's offensive schemes. And further, to expect so many freshman starters to comprehend his (JC's) counter-schemes in so little time.

A national sportswriter pointed out the above fact after the Texas game. And Rick Barnes, same as Calipuri, is a long-experienced, esteemed coach.

And I'd only be insulting your collective intelligences to tell you there is a world of difference between how most (didn't say "all", note) 18-year-olds react to genuine adversity and how seasoned 21-year-olds (like 3 of Tennessee's starters) react, having been in that situation many times before. Our ability to hit early threes and build an early 7-10 point lead (a la the last two games) could prove huge, indeed. I simply can't picture UK's players putting together a frantic/fantastic game-closing run as well as did Tenn's much-older/wiser(?) men.
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 5:07 pm

I think we come out and play very well. Beilein's system is going to confuse the UK freshmen. My big worry is the officiating. They may take it to Mich not only because of Kentucky, but because of all the post-tennessee crap.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
michmike

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 10:42 am

rasputin wrote:
I think we come out and play very well. Beilein's system is going to confuse the UK freshmen. My big worry is the officiating. They may take it to Mich not only because of Kentucky, but because of all the post-tennessee crap.

Although I've come to take many of your posts with as much salt as that with which most learned historians take the ramblings of your
poster-name's eponym, that is one statement I have to laud you for---excellent catch.

The truth is, officials worry about their reputations off the court. "Make-up" calls, or make-up called games, are a very real, veritable
(if intangible) thing. And as you (and I) fear, one or two of them (if it's the same crew as did Mich-Tenn) could have it in for us as a result.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky   Kentucky Empty

Back to top Go down

Kentucky
Page 1 of 1