Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible Suggestion/Solution

Go down 
+4
fishgoblue22
MichiganFootball13
wshoes
joe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Possible Suggestion/Solution Empty
PostSubject: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:43 pm

I frequent a few different Michigan sites and forums pretty much daily.

A couple of the forums set up a running thread during a game. That way an entire forum isn't gummed up with many good comments and/or bad comments.

I have gotten used to the styles of postings and can deal with it. I really have no problem with fans being fans. We all root differently. But with that said,

why not start a post at the beginning of the game called Game Notes or something? That one thread can grow throughout the game like our 2015 Football Recruit thread. When the game is over the thread can die.

Unfortunately I'm talking about both groups. The complainers, and the complainers about the complainers.

At least that way we wouldn't have several threads pertaining to back and forth of what is basically a rooting philosophy.

My other suggestion is the Instant Messaging Board on the main page. I think you guys should get on that and go for it during the game. That's what it's there for. One night Eggo couldn't get a game on TV. I sat here and kinda gave him play by play. I wouldn't want to do it right now but for that game it worked very well.

I guess I'm just thinking, or posting, out loud.

This is a great forum and we still have many differing opinions. That's what 'Merica is all about.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Totally agree, we don't need 100 threads called…We're on fire!, We're getting killed down low, We need to rebound better, Now hit our free throws, etc. Just one game thread would be better.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:36 pm

I don't know how people can post on here during games. Maybe a regular season basketball game because there are so many of them but not a tourney game. Especially not during a football game.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:45 pm

I don't even look at the computer or my phone during a game.

My good friend gets a GO BLUE! text right before the game. Then another at half. And a WHEW after the game.

After the post game we start texting each other.

But just because I don't I do no think others shouldn't.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:50 pm

I love posting during games (timeouts, commercials, etc.). I love to get other people's perspectives rather than mine or my girlfriend's.

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 4:23 pm

I would love to post during games as well, usually do on twitter now. I don't tweet alot, few things now and then.

Last night I would've posted simple things like YES!, nice shot, keep the pressure going, etc

But doesn't this lead to complaining and pissing contests between posters? For example last night I tweeted why can't M inbounds the freaking ball, tweeted it a 2nd time, all in capital letters. One poster might respond, agreed, another poster might say, STFU THEY'RE WINNING!!

I get in pissing contests on twitter once in a while. Usually involving MSU fans or during M-MSU BB games. Told a college kid, goes to MSU, after he complained like 100 times of spartys injuries, to STFU stop whinng & bitching like a little girl.

Joe, have a good friend, like you we text before game, few insights at half, then post game comments. I know not to bother him during games, he wouldn't respond.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 5:00 pm

I didn't say that others shouldn't, I just know I couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 6:16 pm

booboo wrote:
I would love to post during games as well, usually do on twitter now. I don't tweet alot, few things now and then.

Last night I would've posted simple things like YES!, nice shot, keep the pressure going, etc

But doesn't this lead to complaining and pissing contests between posters? For example last night I tweeted why can't M inbounds the freaking ball, tweeted it a 2nd time, all in capital letters. One poster might respond, agreed, another poster might say, STFU THEY'RE WINNING!!

I get in pissing contests on twitter once in a while. Usually involving MSU fans or during M-MSU BB games. Told a college kid, goes to MSU, after he complained like 100 times of spartys injuries, to STFU stop whinng & bitching like a little girl.

Joe, have a good friend, like you we text before game, few insights at half, then post game comments. I know not to bother him during games, he wouldn't respond.

Actually booboo, the rolling IM board is perfect for the types of posts you talk of. I sit here and say SHIT sometimes too and might post it if all I had to do was type shit and "enter". You do that on the IM board.

In fact, IMHO a ton of people type in one word things on a discussion board way way way more often than a forum. And really, when you yell, "Why can't we inbound the ball?!?!?" You're not looking for someone to give you 5 good reasons. You're looking for someone else to go "Hell Yeah!" or "No Shit!"

THAT'S how to use the discussion board.

That's NOT how to use a forum.

Of course that's MHO.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 10:54 pm

That sounds like a really good idea since the chat room never caught on.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:11 am

Joe, agree & thank you, makes sense. I work in HS athletics, I know hard the coaches & kids work, so I try not to criticize or be critical of the M coaches or team members on this forum before, during or after games. But in the heat of the game, get frustrated, or you want to celebrate something, so yea a 1 or 2 word responds on a discussion board would be cool.

I was told way back in elementary school no such thing as a dumb question, with that in mind, where/how to find the IM board?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:26 am

It's on the main forum page at the bottom.

I got on last night for a few minute. So did Hail but I missed him.

Find the page with Nik's picture and scroll to the bottom.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 am

And I agree with your comments. But I'll still maintain that in the heat of the game you're not truly looking for long answers to your questions but just looking for a soundboard and someone to quickly agree or possibly disagree with you.

That's what happens with me anyway.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 am

joe wrote:
It's on the main forum page at the bottom.

I got on last night for a few minute. So did Hail but I missed him.

Find the page with Nik's picture and scroll to the bottom.

So the IM board=the chat box, joe?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:40 am

Yes. I guess I called it something other than wht they call it here.

All you have to do is sign in and type and hit enter. It is basically an IM board. What you type is shown to everyone and any response is to everyone.

It really workss a lot better during the game.

One word, two words and enter. BOOM! lol

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:47 am

OK, thanks!

I got on it last night but nobody was there. Nada, zilch, zippo. Pretty boring chatting with yourself! lol
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:59 am

Yeah. I was on, then off. No one there so......

I do not like being on it during a game. But that's me. Honestly there are times I'd probably chime in but no one's on it and I just don't feel like making a topic.

Like I said, 99% of what I have to say or yell during a game isn't looking for in depth answers. I yell, "What the %&#% is going on?" I'm not really looking for someone to tell me what's going on. lol. I'm looking for someone to say, "I know. They're assholes." or something along those lines and then move on to the next play. lol.

I'll sign in there tonight. But I won't post much. Maybe 1 word thumps or maybe during a TO (baby). But I usually use TOs to try to compose myself for the next onslaught. This house is in total Chaos during a game. One dog climbs on the couch and the other goes in the bedroom. The wife watches with me but keeps her distance. lol.

But to add, it's sorta neat if there's a lot of people on chatbox and we go on a run. Nik will drain a 3 and about 6 people will type YES at the same time and they all show up on the screen. It's simple things but I think it's cool.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 am

Yeah, I probably wouldn't chat much either......I'm not a very vocal guy to begin with. Except when we're losing! Ha. (four letter words fly freely! lol)

And, about the wife & distance.......mine has already told me..... if Michigan makes it to the NC game I HAVE to go to the bar to watch it!! She hates me during BB & FB seasons! lol
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 am

Well, instead of going to the bar perhaps you should give her the money you'd spend in the bar and tell her to go have a little fun?

Unless you like the bar atmosphere. Some do. I only do if I go with someone I already know.

Again, if all I had to do was type 1 word and enter I'd probably do it a little more often. But I simply can't commit the resources I have at the time to type out an entire forum post. My resources are pretty tapped during a game.

And honestly I only read the aftermath on the forum. I don't read it during the game so it really doesn't bother me. But then, a day later the nits that get picked because of game-time comments take over the forum.

I was just trying to think of a way that all of us could watch the game and react in the ways we want without others complaining and then the reacters complaining about the complainers.

It's just a game and we're all HUGE MICHIGAN FANS. We'll all feel real shitty IF we lose whether we rant about it or don't rant about it.

Bottom line, any and all posters can bitch all day as long as we end up winning. Winning cures all.

PostSubject: Re: Possible Suggestion/Solution   Possible Suggestion/Solution Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Suggestion/Solution
Page 1 of 1