Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

McDowell LOI Signed

Go down 
+2
wshoes
MgoBlue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

McDowell LOI Signed Empty
PostSubject: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:49 am

He is officially a Sparty.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:37 am

Sounds like it's party time for him. Reading between the lines I'm guessing that is what mad him feel more comfortable at MSU. I'm glad we did not get him, not because of any lack of talent but because of bad vibes he give off.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Better off gone. He sounds like trouble.
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:00 am

Hope he has fun partying.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 3:00 pm

wshoes wrote:
Sounds like it's party time for him. Reading between the lines I'm guessing that is what mad him feel more comfortable at MSU. I'm glad we did not get him, not because of any lack of talent but because of bad vibes he give off.

'shoes

I have to disagree.

1. you're right, there is no denying his talent

2. personally I think he handled his recruiting as well as any 17-18yr old kid could. He weighed all of his options and despite the pressure from his friends/family and especially his parents he chose the school that he thought was for him. Being biased I can say that his parents were right when they say that there are plenty of other places that will set MM up better down the road if his football career doesn't work out but in the end it's his decision.

I don't see any "bad vibes" here. Just a lot of drama from others that he had no control over.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 5:42 pm

1) I don't know him or his mother but she has no particular ties to any of the schools, right?

2) I am making an assumption that she does know her son.

3) She was clearly unsettled by the recruiting trip to MSU and apparently the fact that her son was told he did not have to go to class.

These are what I am essentially basing my opinion on.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Hey shoes,

#3. I have never heard what was said to him. I'm not certain where you heard the exact thing but his mom was pretty tight lipped about what was said that pissed her off. My memory says she basically refused to come out and say what it was saying "He knows what he said!"

But if it came out yesterday or today, from his mom, then I haven't heard it yet due to work.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Joe, no I heard that reference a few times from a few places, months ago.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:09 pm

What shoes is saying is basically what everyone has been saying on other boards, including the homers on the RCMB so you have to believe that is why momma-dowell was not happy about MSU.

As far as I know she has no ties to the other schools and she wanted him to go to UM. His dad liked UM also but actually wanted him out of the state all together, even if that meant O$U (which is weird to me).

Back to my original thought, overall I was pretty impressed with how tight lipped he was and how he took his time. we watch so many of these high school kids act like clowns during the process and switch schools and make fools of themselves on social media but MM always played it cool. So cool that it became a running joke about how he never seemed to say anything. That said, I always have to take a step back and remind myself that these are high school kids we're talking about here. YOu and I have the power of experience and hindsight and they don't and that's why I always thought MM played his cards as good as could be expected.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Understood Sandy- good points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McDowell LOI Signed   McDowell LOI Signed Empty

Back to top Go down

McDowell LOI Signed
Page 1 of 1