Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Peppers wants to run track

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Peppers wants to run track Empty
PostSubject: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/06/jabrill_peppers_makes_new_jers.html

Morgan Trent did that didn't he?

Also I'm pretty sure Denard ran a few times.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Denard ran the indoor track, but not full time track.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 3:40 pm

I thought Ty Wheatley ran track. Again maybe not full time.

How could you do Spring Football?????

Just me but if I'm giving you a football schollie I want you devoting time to football. The track team probably won't donate anything towards his schollie.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 3:42 pm

In fact:

At the University of Michigan, Wheatley earned the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year Award during the 1992 football season. In the Michigan Wolverines' post-season bowl game, he was named the Most Valuable Player for his performance in the team's Rose Bowl victory. Wheatley continued his track success as well, earning first-team All-Big Ten Conference and All-American honors. He ranks among the Wolverines' all-time rushing leaders in numerous categories, and his name appears in several places in the Big Ten football record book. He was named to All-Big Ten teams in football and track and field a total of four times, and he earned portions of seven Big Ten championships (two team awards for football, one team award for indoor track, one award for 110 meter hurdles, and three awards for individual football statistical performances).
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:11 pm

I thought Hoke had a policy that doesn't allow Freshman to run track their first year. I know that was a big sticking point with Adoree Jackson. Hoke told him he couldn't long jump until his sophomore year if he came to play football at UM.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 5:12 pm

I say let them do both if they're good enough but then I grew up when multi-sports stars were a lot more common. There is less of an injury risk in track than in Spring football. It also seems possible that you could make some of both. Won't the players be running outside of football practice for conditioning?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:24 am

My high school team lost a state championship because of pulled hammies that took months to really heal. Track has its injury risks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Let this kid do whatever the hell he pleases.

And if we're losing recruits to the rule 'eggo outlined above, that's atrocious.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peppers wants to run track   Peppers wants to run track Empty

Back to top Go down

Peppers wants to run track
Page 1 of 1