Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Way too early App St preview

Go down 
+2
GOBLUEJOE66
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Way too early App St preview Empty
PostSubject: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Sorry guys but there just isn't much going on at this point in the way of UM news so I thought I'd do some looking ahead to preview the App St game.

2013 record: 4-8
Of those four wins only one came against a team that ended with a winning record (Ga. Southern 7-4)

QB: Kameron Bryant
6'2" 210lbs JR. He's a Dual Threat QB (ugh I know). He split time with SR QB Londry-Jackson last year but ended up starting eight of their 12 games. He should be their starting QB this year. Bryant's passing stats were 237/333 for a total of 2713yds (226.1 YPG). He threw for 14 TDs vs only 4 INTs and had a completion percentage of 71.2%. Look for these numbers to drop significantly this year. Read the receivers sections below to see why.

Bryant had 336 rushing yards on 91 attempts but also lost 178 yards rushing giving him a net of only 158 (13.2 YPG). So he's no Devin Gardner and he sure as hell isn't the next Armanti Edwards.

Rushers: Marcus Cox
5'10" 185lbs SO. As a tre freshman Cox rushed for 1250yds (104.2 YPG). He scored 15 rushing TDs. Averaged 5.1 per carry. The entire game plan for UM this year should be STOP MARCUS COX.

The second string RB will probably be 5'8" 180lbs JR Ricky Ferguson. He did start two games last year but only had 55 attempts for the entire season netting him 215yds.

Receivers: UNKOWN

UM gets a bit of break here. App St loses two very good SR receivers to graduation. Andrew Peacock and Tony Washington had 706 and 939 yards receiving respectively.

Peacock is currently an undrafted free agent with the Detroit Lions and Washington is currently an undrafted free agent with the Indianapolis Colts.

The player with the next best receiving stats from 2013 is RB Marcus Cox. So it looks likely that App St will be starting from scratch at the position. Suffice it to say I sure as hell hope not to see an opening play 68 yard TD pass this year.

Defensively App State wasn't that impressive. They only had eight total sacks last year and averaged giving up 28 points a game.

Their leading tackler Carl Alexander has graduated. The next leading tackler is SO DB Alex Gray. Getting the receivers to block downfield on Gray could be the key to getting our guys downfield for big yards.

All in all I don't see much of a challenge here. This should be a UM blowout. This App St team is nowhere near the caliber that their 2007 team was. It will give our O line a chance to get their feet wet and get some much needed game day reps in before the ND game.

UM goes up two scores early in the first. They close out the half with a 21-3 lead. UM adds two more scores and a FG in the second half and cruises to an opening day win.

38-10 UM

Discuss
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Due to our OL issues from last year I think the score is pretty much on target. I just hope we can show some consistency with the running game in this one. Hopefully Drake J will get some quality carries in this game. I still think he is our number 2, very close to number 1, RB and we just might need him in game 2 at ND.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

PostSubject: Re: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:45 pm

It's frustrating to say this, but your score prediction is likely a very good one. It would do my heart good to watch Michigan curb-stomp Appy State like Bo used to do to lesser teams, but a "Lloyd Carr" blowout is probably the best we can expect.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Oddly enough even though we put up what 59- on CMU last year, we struggled (relatively) to run the ball till late 3rd quarter. A bad omen in retrospect. I want to see a few giant holes this year.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:01 am

I hate that this App St game was scheduled. It is a no win situation for UM. Lose and we know what happens. Although I don't think UM will lose. Don't win by enough, then you look weak. Beat them by to much and you are supposed too. Plus, all week leading up we will have to see and hear about the last time UM played them.

This game stinks for numerous reasons.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 3:10 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...Plus, all week leading up we will have to see and hear about the last time UM played them...

^^^ This ^^^

ESPN is going to run the 2007 replay into the ground
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 9:08 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I hate that this App St game was scheduled.  It is a no win situation for UM.  Lose and we know what happens.  Although I don't think UM will lose.  Don't win by enough, then you look weak.  Beat them by to much and you are supposed too.  Plus, all week leading up we will have to see and hear about the last time UM played them.  

This game stinks for numerous reasons.

I hear you talking, Fish, and essentially agree with all three of your points.  But somehow, that sting of 7 years ago still festers enough that I WANT to see us set the record straight, so to speak.  Not so much a personal thing vs. AppySt; rather, vs. the "greatest upset in college football history" horseshit...

Sandy's prediction's pretty fair, but I'll add a TD for us.  45-10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way too early App St preview   Way too early App St preview Empty

Back to top Go down

Way too early App St preview
Page 1 of 1