Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Lions mid-season

Go down 
+2
the artist formally known
dwoody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

OT: Lions mid-season Empty
PostSubject: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:29 pm

collapse. On top of the way Michigan is playing, this is what we suffer through, annually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Lions are truly the great pretenders, Stafford is almost as bad as Gardner,and for being a #1 defense,I wonder what scheme they run because Brady is eating them up.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:59 pm

A part-time starter at Michigan! That still boggles the mind.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 pm

dwoody wrote:

Who was a part time starter? Brady started all but one game his junior and senior years.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:20 pm

wshoes wrote:
dwoody wrote:

Who was a part time starter? Brady started  all but one game his junior and senior years.

The great myth continues. Brady was 20-5 as a starter. Those aren't part time numbers.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Didn't he share a season with Henson?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:22 pm

dwoody wrote:

Henson got a few series per game, but didn't start over Brady.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Research indicates that in the first half of the '99 season, Henson started, and they more or less alternated quarters. After the moo game, Brady was made the full-time QB. I think. But you are mostly right.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:37 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

Henson got a few series per game, but didn't start over Brady.

I wasn't a UM fan at this time, but many of my friends were so I kinda knew what was going on. IIRC Brady started the game and didn't Henson start the 2nd-half?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Stafford just pulled the dumbest move ever 4th and 10 run for 93/4 yrds and slide short, how fucking stupid. Faux pau
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Henson played a few second quarters but Brady had about 85 percent of the snaps his junior year. By his senior year, Henson was mop up or situational only.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:04 pm

wshoes wrote:
Henson played a few second quarters but Brady had about 85 percent of the snaps his junior year. By his senior year, Henson was mop up or situational only.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:09 pm

I stand by my research, plus I remember the alternating quarters. But, whatever....
http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/michigan-alabama-flashback-teammates-reflect-tom-brady-drew-henson-battle-david-terrell%E2%80%99s-ris

Last edited by dwoody on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : attribution)
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:38 pm

dwoody wrote:
I stand by my research, plus I remember the alternating quarters. But, whatever....
http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/michigan-alabama-flashback-teammates-reflect-tom-brady-drew-henson-battle-david-terrell%E2%80%99s-ris

dwoody, The Daily is incorrect. The Bentley library (UM) archive shows that Tom Brady started all 13 games in 1998, and all 12 games in 1999. Henson did not start any games in those two years.

College football reference shows that Henson had 45 pass attempts in all of 1998 and 89 attempts in all of 1999. Brady had 323 attempts and 295 respectively. It was not an even split in any respect.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Upon further research, it seems Brady started and Henson came in late in the first or to begin the second quarter for the first half of the season, but they were viewed by the media as co-starters until Brady clearly separated himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 6:15 pm

After watching 2 shitty football team play in 2 days, both teams typically looking alike, I'm through for the day there has to be a good movie on. This year the Lions and Michigan are both disappointments .
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 6:19 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
After watching 2 shitty football team play in 2 days, both teams typically looking alike, I'm through for the day there has to be a good movie on. This year the Lions and Michigan are both disappointments .

Michigan has a basketball game tomorrow. Rejoice.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

dwoody wrote:
Upon further research, it seems Brady started and Henson came in late in the first or to begin the second quarter for the first half of the season, but they were viewed by the media as co-starters until Brady clearly separated himself.

As fish says, it is a myth that has been repeated so many times that vast numbers of people including journalists, believe it.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 7:04 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Michigan has a basketball game tomorrow. Rejoice.

...and Tuesday! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Lions mid-season   OT: Lions mid-season Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Lions mid-season
Page 1 of 1