Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Caris LeVert is our best player

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Caris LeVert is our best player Empty
PostSubject: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Zak Irvin and Derrick Walton round out an elite back court, but Caris LeVert is our best player and it's pretty clear.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Only thing that gave us a chance today was his play.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Shoes, you are pretty up on your history. I mentioned in the other thread that I can't think of the last Michigan player to score 30+ in a game.

Burke and Stauskas were both lottery picks and elite scorers and neither of them even hit that number. It's a pretty impressive feat.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:44 pm

Michigan team leaders-
Points per game: LeVert
Rebounds per game: LeVert
Assists per game: LeVert
Steals per game: LeVert
Blocks per game: Donnal
FT %: LeVert
3pt %: Bielfeldt (3 for 3), Dawkins (2 for 3), LeVert (21 for 42)
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 9:29 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Shoes, you are pretty up on your history. I mentioned in the other thread that I can't think of the last Michigan player to score 30+ in a game.

Burke and Stauskas were both lottery picks and elite scorers and neither of them even hit that number. It's a pretty impressive feat.

Good question. Daniel Horton maybe? Need to research that.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:29 pm

crawford?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:09 am

sandy, I was thinking maybe Crawford too. The irony is that I think LeVert will be a Crawford-like player at the next level.

I found a page that has way too much Michigan Basketball info and got this (since 2000):
LaVell Blanchard 30 at Iowa January 20, 2001
LaVell Blanchard 30 at Iowa January 20, 2001
Daniel Horton 31 at Purdue February 19, 2003
Courtney Sims 33 Delaware State December 7, 2005
Daniel Horton 32 at Minnesota January 21, 2006
Daniel Horton 39 Illinois February 21, 2006
Daniel Horton 34 Indiana March 4, 2006
Manny Harris 30 Michigan Tech November 11, 2008
Tim Hardaway Jr. 30 at Iowa February 19, 2011
Trey Burke 30 vs. Minnesota March 9, 2012

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mich/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/bkm-records-all-time.pdf

I guess I overlooked Burke's freshman year because I didn't recall him being that prolific of a scorer as a freshman. I definitely don't recall Hardaway Jr.'s 30point scoring night either.

I didn't start religiously following CBB until I went to college (2007), so I definitely didn't watch see any of those other games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caris LeVert is our best player   Caris LeVert is our best player Empty

Back to top Go down

Caris LeVert is our best player
Page 1 of 1