Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking news!

Go down 
+2
the artist formally known
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Breaking news!   Breaking news! EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:38 pm

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2014/12/8/7354941/michigan-coaching-search-michigan-jay-gruden

The rumors of potential replacements for Brady Hoke keep swirling.

It's clear that the University of Michigan is looking at current NFL head coach Jim Harbaugh, a former player under Bo Schembechler, to be the savior of the program. However, it appears that U-M could also be looking at another currently employed NFL coach as well.

According to RealGM's Jeff Risdon, U-M has apparently reached out to the representatives of Washington Redskins head coach Jay Gruden.

"One source I trust tipped me off to a potential landing spot for Gruden: The University of Michigan," reported Risdon in his weekly $.10 column. "This source, who is intimately familiar with the Wolverines' rapidly emerging coaching search, informed me on Thursday that initial contact has been made between the parties and that Gruden's representation was enthusiastically open to the potential."

It appears that interim athletic director Jim Hackett is prepared to swing for the fences in his pursuit of Harbaugh, with the chances he heads back to Ann Arbor growing slim, it would make sense for U-M to look for back-up options.

Is a Gruden in Ann Arbor likely? Risdon says it's hard to tell.

"I can't put a figure on the likelihood of Gruden fleeing to Ann Arbor," he wrote. "Another UM source I trust refused to confirm anything I asked, but it's an interesting leverage point nonetheless."

Interesting leverage point or not, the on-field product the Redskins have been displaying won't exactly translate to U-M fan excitement if Gruden is the choice.
Back to top Go down

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!   Breaking news! EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm luke warm to this idea, guy is kinda of a jerk, will throw anybody under the bus to save his ass, then again maybe thats what these guys need.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!   Breaking news! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:05 am

obviously not the top choice when it comes to Grudens but I kind of like it. I'm not too familiar with Jay's personality but I do know that he's not afraid to sit his premadonnas. Maybe the kick in the ass this team needs to curb it's current (unwarranted IMO) sense of self worth.

I'd have to do a lot more research though before I could endorse or reject the hire because admittedly I just don't know much about th guy.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!   Breaking news! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 7:09 am

Well, he is a Gruden.  He has sucked at Washington, but they have no talent.  He did throw RGIII under the bus, but that was after RGIII threw the rest of the team under there.  Not sure what to think of this.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!   Breaking news! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 8:47 am

Washington is pretty disfunctional. Shanahan and Gibbs couldn't win there. I don't hold that against Gruden. I am just not sure what his successes have been.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!   Breaking news! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 8:53 am

Ok so I stopped being lazy and checked him out. All I can say is meh. Offensive guy. Mainly been a coordinator. Hasn't been anything from what I can see at the college level. No recruiting experience. Arena guy for a while.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Gruden
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!   Breaking news! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 am

Just say no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breaking news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news!   Breaking news! Empty

Back to top Go down