Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Giddy with anticipation...

Go down 
+7
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
stjotoo
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
BOLEACH7
dwoody
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Giddy with anticipation... Empty
PostSubject: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Man. I hope this is real. Whatever it takes.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Still far from a done deal but at least there is an offer and it is on Jim to say no... Michigan swung for the fences, will it be a homer or a long out?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:55 am

something tells me that if JIM is not interested then there is no way that he drags this out.

so basically what I'm trying to say is that if he says no it will be very very soon.

if we get until the weekend or Monday and haven't heard from him then that means he's coming.

The longer we hear nothing the better the odds for UM.

That is just my opinion.

How does everyone else feel?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:02 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
something tells me that if JIM is not interested then there is no way that he drags this out.

so basically what I'm trying to say is that if he says no it will be very very soon.

if we get until the weekend or Monday and haven't heard from him then that means he's coming.

The longer we hear nothing the better the odds for UM.

That is just my opinion.

How does everyone else feel?

I agree.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:53 am

I also agree with eggo. I feel Harbaugh is showing respect to his present employer, who signs his paychecks, by waiting until the end of the season to make any statements about future plans. If the 49ers make the first move by firing him it would look better than if he quit with a year left on his contract.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 am

That is how I see it as well. If it is to be no I think it comes soon.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 am

Yeah, I can't believe that Jim would string along Michigan much longer if in fact he doesn't want to come back to college. He knows that Michigan needs to act soon on hiring a coach if he (Jim) isn't going to be their coach.

One thing that puzzles me is the twitter he sent to Moeller that said 'it looks like the band is getting back together'. Why would he send that if he was even remotely considering saying no to Michigan? I don't buy it when people keep saying he wants to stay in the NFL. I think he's coming.

We should see soon imo.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:23 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Y
One thing that puzzles me is the twitter he sent to Moeller that said 'it looks like the band is getting back together'. Why would he send that if he was even remotely considering saying no to Michigan?.

Maybe they are all taking a trip to Vegas.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:28 am

wshoes wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Y
One thing that puzzles me is the twitter he sent to Moeller that said 'it looks like the band is getting back together'. Why would he send that if he was even remotely considering saying no to Michigan?.

LOL, shoes.

I see your on a roll today, bud, You've got that other forum just a hummin! <chuckle> Smile

So, is Gaylord & weather-man one & the same? I'm thinkin they are.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:31 am

I hope he doesn't leverage for a bigger deal elsewhere. I hate being Debbie Downer but his future is uncertain. He is still under contract. Unfortunately this isn't as black and white as we would all like it to be.

Am I right in thinking he cannot quit and sign with another NFL team? I believe he could quit and come to Michigan though ala Petrino.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:48 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Y

LOL, shoes.

I see your on a roll today, bud, You've got that other forum just a hummin! <chuckle> Smile

That has been my assumption too. It boggles my mind that he (if we're both right) would go to that much work, but hey it take all kinds I guess.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 am

wshoes wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Y

LOL, shoes.

That has been my assumption too. It boggles my mind that he (if we're both right) would go to that much work, but hey it take all kinds I guess.

Yep, I agree....pretty strange. But then there are several strange ones on that forum! lol
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:39 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Yeah, I can't believe that Jim would string along Michigan much longer if in fact he doesn't want to come back to college. He knows that Michigan needs to act soon on hiring a coach if he (Jim) isn't going to be their coach.

One thing that puzzles me is the twitter he sent to Moeller that said 'it looks like the band is getting back together'. Why would he send that if he was even remotely considering saying no to Michigan? I don't buy it when people keep saying he wants to stay in the NFL. I think he's coming.

We should see soon imo.

I'll be honest I don't think he's 100% sold on coming back to college. I think that the NFL teams he could go coach all have enough baggage  right now and that makes UM's offer the most attractive one. Well that and the money but in the end UM can't compete with the NFL when it comes to  money. Oakland/Jets/Miami all have the means to double UM's offer but I doubt they would even come close.

I do think that if JIM comes back to UM and creates that winning culture and is revered as a god in AA then that would make him stay for  good. Kind of like Saban.

I'm still having a hard time believing the Moeller text (I read it was a text and not a tweet, could have been a DM though). I'm pretty sure that coaches/administration/players/etc from two separate teams are barred from that type of contact during the season. I'm pretty sure there is a tampering rule against that. So for Jim to allegedly reach out to Moeller or Wheatley like it has been reported is just rumors and fairytales. Just my opinion though.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 am

IMO he is worth more to Michigan than to an other team. I mean he is worth many millions every year (unless he fails) because declining attendance is a real thing and can get a lot worse. This is based on national trends and the Michigan specific trend. He is a difference maker right now. An alternative that succeeds can have a very positive impact but that will take time.

NFL revenues vary and are better with success but the range of the variance is less. Our money is vary competitive and that will not be the issue IMO. The ball is in Jim's court, this is his last chance with Mich.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
One thing that puzzles me is the text he sent to Moeller that said 'it looks like the band is getting back together'. Why would he send that if he was even remotely considering saying no to Michigan?

I just wish that we could get legitimate confirmation that this text message exists.

If so, then I'd say it's a done deal. bounce bounce bounce

Why send that text if it wasn't?

But that's IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF that text actually exists/was sent.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:07 pm

wshoes wrote:
IMO he is worth more to Michigan than to an other team. I mean he is worth many millions every year (unless he fails) because declining attendance is a real thing and can get a lot worse. This is based on national trends and the Michigan specific trend. He is a difference maker right now. An alternative that succeeds can have a very positive impact but that will take time.

NFL revenues vary and are better with success but the range of the variance is less. Our money is vary competitive and that will not be the issue IMO. The ball is in Jim's court, this is his last chance with Mich.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I think the ball is actually in Oakland's/Jets'/Miami's court.

Jim can take his time because he'll have plenty of offers for the NFL teams that really want him (Oakland #1 IMO) this offer really puts the ball in their courts.

I read an article yesterday, can't remember by who, but it was blasting UM for allowing Harbaugh the opportunity to be the highest paid coach without ever having won a National Championship or Super Bowl. The writer was missing the point the shoes just made. This offer is what's best for Michigan. It's the offer that is going to put the fans back in the seats. It's the offer that is going to create a waiting list again to be a season ticket holder. It's the offer that is going to make the boosters want to give more money.

What the guy wasn't getting is that Michigan wasn't offering this because they feel JIM is the best coach anywhere period. Michigan is offering him this money because they feel JIM is the best coach for Michigan's particular situation period.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:08 pm

this saga is far from over .... while Michigan has stepped up and made a concrete offer this was never about money .... like baseball , football owners are idiots who throw money around without regard .... Oakland, NY and Miami can most certainly surpass our offer .... only Jim knows what his ego wants .... does he want a statue next to BO or does he want to be the best at the highest level .... this will go on until after the NFL season is over unless he knows right now that his heart says Michigan 100%
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:39 pm

wshoes wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Y

Why would anyone tweet about going to see Wayne Newton?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Let's get serious for a minute. The real question is "If Jimmah comes home does'Inside Michigan Football's go back to 'Michigan Replay'?"

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
theJET84

theJET84

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:37 pm

Guys if I'm not mistaken Stephen Ross already said he'd rather have JH in AA than Souf Beach
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 am

theJET84 wrote:
Guys if I'm not mistaken Stephen Ross already said he'd rather have JH in AA than Souf Beach

He has to say that or he gets hit with tampering and loses draf t picks. Karsch said he was told that Ross would not try to get Jim while UM'S offer is on the table. However, if JIM turns it down then he's fair game.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:05 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
theJET84 wrote:

He has to say that or he gets hit with tampering and loses draf t picks.  Karsch said he was told that Ross would not try to get Jim while UM'S offer is on the table.  However, if JIM turns it down then he's fair game.

I think this makes sense Fish. I'll believe it.

PostSubject: Re: Giddy with anticipation...   Giddy with anticipation... Empty

Back to top Go down

Giddy with anticipation...
Page 1 of 1