Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hatch converting to medical scholarship

Go down 
+5
wshoes
hailtoyourvictor
dwoody
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hatch converting to medical scholarship Empty
PostSubject: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:45 am

Student Assitant. Opens up a roster spot.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042715aaa.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 am

Hatch moving his scholarship, must mean something in the wind with a Recruit, somebody must be committing in the next few days.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 am

I believe Moritz Wagner is not officially in the fold yet, so this might help make room for him. Or not. In any event, it would be nice if one more space than this would be available.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am

Wagner's scholarship is already accounted for. This spot will be for hopefully one of:
Rivals #3 overall Jaylen Brown
http://sports.yahoo.com/wku/basketball/recruiting/player-Jaylen-Brown-133802
Rivals #89 overall Kenny Williams
http://sports.yahoo.com/bwi/basketball/recruiting/player-Kenny-Williams-144705

Brown would instantly be the most talented recruit to ever play for Beilein. Williams fills a need for a wing player once LeVert (or more) is gone after this season.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 am

Nitpicking here but brown would be the highest ranked recruit, to be the most talented and surpass Trey Burke would be a tall order.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Beilein said they made this decision at the end of the season and were waiting for it to clear league offices before announcing it, so I don't necessarily believe anything is imminent. It's getting late in the game regardless, so Brown and Williams should be deciding soon anyways.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 pm

in somewhat related news, Jaylen Brown just cut his list to five.

Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, Michigan and Cal.

IMO Cal is sitting nice but I really think the Hatch move today might have given Beilein a bit of momentum here.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Forgot to add this...

"Brown played on adidas' AAU circuit and has said in the past he'd like to play for an adidas school in college. That might not mean much anymore because three of his final five are Nike schools. Only Kansas and Michigan are affiliated with adidas."

two months ago this would have meant nothing to me but after seeing how Diamond Stone's commitment went down this has me a bit more optimistic.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/4/27/8505761/top-5-recruit-jaylen-brown-trims-list-will-chose-between-kentucky

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Wshoes, Trey Burke's accolades speak for themselves. Brown has a significantly higher ceiling than Burke, though. I'm not saying that Brown will win the NPOY his freshman year by saying that. Brown has a very legitimate chance to be the #1 overall draft pick in 2016. You don't find his combination of size, skill, and athleticism very often.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 3:31 am

Michigan is trending hard right now and has became the favorite per 247's Crystal Ball.

I spent some time to read through Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, and Cal forums. The vibes I was getting were:

UK: Going to Michigan because kids don't realize how elite UK is what how big of a mistake they are making by going to any other school.
UNC: Going to Michigan because there isn't much available PT and how things are trending.
Kansas: Going to Michigan or Kansas. 50/50 split.
Cal: A bunch of weirdos that don't seem to post seriously.

Why Michigan?
1) His mother is from Muskegon and he still has relatives in the state.
2) His AAU team is sponsered by Adidas and he has stated that going to an Adidas school is important to him. Michigan and Kansas are the only two Adidas schools in his top 5.
3) Brown's biggest weakness is his shot. What better offense and coach to work with to tweak his shot for the next level?

I really tried not to get excited about the possibility of landing Brown (look back the past few months), but it's hard not to see this falling perfectly into place.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:25 am

I'll be happy if he chooses Michigan but not ecstatic, because If it's only a year or two, that's not the same as getting a top football recruit, and I remember Jerod Ward who I was really excited about back in the day and he never matched his HS performance based expectations. Now if you could guarantee me he will be as good as Trey (or even Nick, without regard to a higher projected ceiling), then I would be thrilled.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Well, I'd be ecstatic. He is an elite player. Give me the Jabari Parker and DeAngelo Russel's of the world anytime they want to come to Michigan. He also fills some big weaknesses on this team.

PG Walton / Spike
SG LeVert / MAAR
SF Irvin / Dawkins / Robinson
PF Brown / Chatman / Wagner
C Doyle / Wilson / Donnal

.......Yes please.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:42 pm

FYI- Jerod Ward was the #1 recruit in the nation, at least by some services. I'm just saying I've learned to be cautious when it comes to recruits.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:45 pm

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 4:52 pm

wshoes wrote:
FYI- Jerod Ward was the #1 recruit in the nation, at least by some services. I'm just saying I've learned to be cautious when it comes to recruits.

No recruit is a lock to be 100% as advertised. Like you said, though, football is a different beast than basketball.

And before my words get twisted like they usually do, I'm not saying Brown will be better than sophomore Trey Burke (NPOY) or sophomore Nik Stauskas (BTPOY). In fact, next year, I think that a senior LeVert will still be our #1 option. I'm just saying he is more gifted in terms of skill+athleticism than either of those two were. Just a few months ago, some mock draft sites were predicting Brown to be the #1 overall pick of the 2016 NBA draft. I'd be ecstatic to add a player of that caliber to our team, even if it's just for a year. It's better that Michigan utilizes that year than a team like UNC or Kentucky.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 5:03 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
...And before my words get twisted like they usually do...

so you're saying that there are people on this board that like to twist words? that just sounds crazy.

It would be crazier if they twisted your opinion on a post.

It would be even crazier if they they twisted your opinion to make their own point.

It would be craziest of all if they twisted your opinion to make their own point and then proceed to tell you how wrong your opinion was.

But that would never happen here.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Never, sandy.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Hatch converting to medical scholarship 17630251-mmmain

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:40 pm

You'll be ecstatic, I'll just be happy-that's OK.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:01 am

What if you knew that Jaylen Brown coming to Michigan meant a Final Four trip in 2015/2016, but if he doesn't come just a Sweet 16 trip? Is taking the one-and-done to reach the Final 4 enough to make you ecstatic? Legitimately curious.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:54 am

(Per Sam Webb article from DetroitNews):
Said Brown in another interview: "I want to develop. People say I'm ready to go (to the NBA) this year. People say I'll be ready next year. To do what I want to do, I think it'll take me at least two years. I don't want to come into a situation like the NBA and have to develop for two or three years. When I come in I want to be a superstar. Coming in I want to be on superstar status. It's going to take development and it's going to take hard work. I know I can make the business move and be a top-five, top-10 or top-15 draft pick if I just had a solid year in college and left. I love the game too much to chase after the money. I know your health is not secure, but I love the game. I just want to develop and be the best player I can be. When I'm ready, I'm ready."

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:46 pm

^Very impressive. Still it's one thing to say it and another to do it.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:03 pm

That's true, and I doubt he will stay 2 years wherever he goes. It's a much better attitude to come in with than a lot of elite level talents. He sounds like a Beilein guy.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:32 pm

If Brown really does want to end up at Michigan looks like he better decide by May 18th.....that's when Kenny Williams is visiting Michigan.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:12 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
If Brown really does want to end up at Michigan looks like he better decide by May 18th.....that's when Kenny Williams is visiting Michigan.

That's how it seemed a couple days ago. Now Williams has dropped us and the rumor is that Kentucky is leading for Brown. That's recruiting for ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hatch converting to medical scholarship   Hatch converting to medical scholarship Empty

Back to top Go down

Hatch converting to medical scholarship
Page 1 of 1