Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battle commits to Syracuse

Go down 
+2
dwoody
jjabilene
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

Battle commits to Syracuse Empty
PostSubject: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:25 pm

It's official. This situation is just so annoying because when Battle committed, the rumor was that Josh Langford was leaning heavily to Michigan and Battle was afraid of losing his spot. Then Langford ends up committing to MSU right after Battle de-committed. So not only does he spurn us, but he may have blocked us from getting another 5-star, who ended up at our arch rival. We'll still be fine, but it's such a shame that Beilein's honesty puts us at a disadvantage in the recruiting game. Crazy world we live in.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Battle sounds like trouble to me, after all this dust-up. Perhaps we're better off. His father seems to be at least meddlesome. Let Battle rot at Syracuse.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 3:02 pm

This one has me scratching my head........the coach is retiring & the basketball program is hit with sanctions from the NCAA. Why would a 5* kid commit to that when he could go just about anywhere?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 pm

His dad wants him to play PG and 'Cuse is the only place where that was guaranteed. Pathetic controlling of his kid.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:20 pm

yes it was his dad and not battle to blame IMHO.

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 12:26 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
His dad wants him to play PG and 'Cuse is the only place where that was guaranteed. Pathetic controlling of his kid.

Minor edit to your post, that's the only place where the coach told him it was guaranteed. I'm not sure Jim Boeheim's word is gold.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Disappointing but this reminds me why I don't get excited about one and done types. He might have screwed up the team chemistry.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:42 pm

jjabilene wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Minor edit to your post, that's the only place where the coach told him it was guaranteed. I'm not sure Jim Boeheim's word is gold.

Syracuse likes to use big, tall, PGs because of their zone.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:49 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
jjabilene wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Syracuse likes to use big, tall, PGs because of their zone.

^^ exactly this ^^

just see MC-W in 2012-2013

PostSubject: Re: Battle commits to Syracuse   Battle commits to Syracuse Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle commits to Syracuse
Page 1 of 1