Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UNLV positive thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

UNLV positive thoughts Empty
PostSubject: UNLV positive thoughts   UNLV positive thoughts EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:19 pm

(in order)

1. Drake is back!!!

2. MICHIGAN has a developing stable of NICE looking backs. quite possibly the deepest in all of CFB (and that is not a homer observation).

3. was very happy to see Houma get his number called on the follow up goal line TD. Follow up: glad to see Kerridge walk it off. Something tells me Harbaugh will need that FB depth ha ha.

4. MICHIGAN throwing on first down?!?!? I like that they mix it up. Not so predictable any more.

5. O'Neil looked sharp today. Very very nice game from him.

6. DBs were on point today. Best DB outing I've seen in years.

I'm sure there are a dozen others but those stick out to me. please expand upon.

PostSubject: Re: UNLV positive thoughts   UNLV positive thoughts EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 9:41 pm

About point #6: this is the best that Stribling has played.

And about the defense more generally: remember that UNLV's starting QB was available throughout the game. Unlike when he was knocked out of the UCLA game. So UM's defense played very well overall. (Yes, I know, breakdowns late in the game.)
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: UNLV positive thoughts   UNLV positive thoughts EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 10:37 pm

The one think I've liked is on 3rd and long, they're not rushing 3 dropping 8 into zone coverage & yet the opponent still completed the pass for a 1st down.

Agree with umis96 said, Overall like how the defense is playing, Man to man coverages are nice to see.

Defenses win championships, so as long as D continues to improve I can see Michigan being in every game.

BTW watching Stanford put up 31pts on USC still in 3rd qtr, N'western held them to 2 FGs. Looking forward to 2 good defs going head to head in 3 weeks
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: UNLV positive thoughts   UNLV positive thoughts EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:45 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
(in order)
6. DBs were on point today. Best DB outing I've seen in years.

That's just wrong, Dave Brandon has never been "on-point". Oh you meant Defensive-Backs, OK. I'm just used to seeing DB and thinking of douche-bag Brandon...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: UNLV positive thoughts   UNLV positive thoughts EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:02 am

umls96 wrote:
About point #6:  this is the best that Stribling has played.

And about the defense more generally:  remember that UNLV's starting QB was available throughout the game.  Unlike when he was knocked out of the UCLA game.  So UM's defense played very well overall.  (Yes, I know, breakdowns late in the game.)

yep. starting to play like the "sleeper" recruit that he was touted to be.

PostSubject: Re: UNLV positive thoughts   UNLV positive thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

UNLV positive thoughts
Page 1 of 1