Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- Empty
PostSubject: I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---   I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 pm

---not even at your most hated arch-rival (though perhaps not in hoops).

But a co-worker pointed this out to me. Sounds like things could be getting sorta dicey
at that place down south...

http://www.thelantern.com/sports/commentary-the-real-problem-with-ohio-state-basketball-1.2787465

Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---   I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Frustrating home loss is an understatement, Mike. I had the misfortune of being at Crisler Saturday with my dad. We managed to get in...barely. We got tickets from a scalper at 5:58 and got to our seats just as the introductions were finishing. Then the game happened. I think I'm done going to basketball games. I have a 1-5 record at Crisler and I'm sick of leaving that place with a loss. Luckily my record at the big house is 22-3 so I'll stick to football.

Thanks for the link. Any pain going on in Columbus is a treat. I'll actually be going down there in a couple weeks to visit some friends. They live just 2 blocks from Jim Tressel's house...or his old house. Don't think he lives there anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---   I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm

For Cripes sakes, leave your Michigan shirt at home!!! In fact, given your car (or Dad's) bears Michigan plates, you might want to take a Greyhound...or if you must drive, buy and wear a "Muck Fichigan" shirt
(probably better bodily protection than a bullet-proof vest).

Back to the game---yes, it was frustrating as hell, but I think WAY too much is being made of our [erstwhile] bid for the conference title. We ALL KNOW there's one and only one thing that matters in college hoops. Did anyone give a poop we'd won the regular season title in '86 and regular season and conference tourney titles in '88, ten minutes after our second-round Big Dance losses??? (To, for the record, Iowa St. and UCLA, respectively).

And even more important, did anyone give a dangling DAMN we were only third in the conference in....1989???

So long as it doesn't prove to ruin our momentum/cameraderie/etc. too badly, I can put the Purdue debacle in the past easily enough.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---   I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:05 pm

It was my own fault for starting to have a little hope because this is the closest we had been to contending for the Big Ten title in 17 years. And as I recall, a home loss to so-so Purdue at the end of the season killed those hopes as well. I figured, well, Michigan State won a conference title in football last year which I never thought I would see happen again so why not us in basketball?

As for my trip to the worst state ever, I've been there several times before without a problem. Probably because my friends live on the west side of Columbus that separates it from Dublin. I couldn't even tell you where the campus or Ohio Stadium is. Only "problems" I have ever had is the waiters at restaraunts asking me I'm new to the area. I tell them I'm from Michigan and they apologize to me as if my grandparents just died. It's more of a pity thing which is lame but I'll take it over having my car keyed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---   I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Stiff those fucking waiters, then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---   I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones--- Empty

Back to top Go down

I suppose the aftermath of a frustrating home loss isn't the wisest time to throw stones---
Page 1 of 1