Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: High School Playoffs

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
MichiganFootball13
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: High School Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 12:03 am

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/10/25/michigan-high-school-football-playoffs/74602162/

my alma mater looking tough this year. Edwardsburg! Go Eddies
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:23 am

My Swan Valley Vikings are in for the 11th time in 13 years. Not the strongest team in school history but still making the playoffs is always nice.

Here is a really cool website of the playoffs…. http://www.snooze2you.com/2015/playoffs.php?year=2015&division=1&view=1&mobile=0
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:37 am

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
My Swan Valley Vikings are in for the 11th time in 13 years.  Not the strongest team in school history but still making the playoffs is always nice.

Here is a really cool website of the playoffs…. http://www.snooze2you.com/2015/playoffs.php?year=2015&division=1&view=1&mobile=0

Swine Valley. LOL. I went to Millington, we used to play you guys in the 80s when I was in school.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:16 pm

that is a good site. thanks for passing that on 13.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 5:24 pm

Our neighboring community, Benton Harbor, is in the playoffs for the first time in their football history. They won 4 games in the last eight years, but this year are 5-3. Their coach? A former UM assistant who has been a head coach at Navy and Western Michigan, Elliot Uzelac. He is in his sixties and took this job almost on a voluntary basis. He has energized the Benton Harbor community and the surrounding area immensely in this year's football season. A job extremely well done in his first year in it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:05 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MichiganFootball13 wrote:
My Swan Valley Vikings are in for the 11th time in 13 years.  Not the strongest team in school history but still making the playoffs is always nice.

Swine Valley. LOL.  I went to Millington,  we used to play you guys in the 80s when I was in school.

13 wasn't born yet...
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Didn't Uzelac coach at WMU with Jack Harbaugh?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 7:17 am

dwoody wrote:
Didn't Uzelac coach at WMU with Jack Harbaugh?

He coached at Michigan WMU, AND OSU. He was the guy who told OSU running back Robert Smith who had a conflict between a class or an exam and football practice: "you're here to play football son."

That story must have been passed down to Cardale Jones.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:41 am

Jack Harbaugh was head coach at WMU beginning in 1982. Uzelac "left" the HC job at WMU in 1981. The infamous incident at O$U with Robert Smith that shoes mentions is interesting. Smith was allegedly interested in becoming a medical doctor during his student days. Today he is an ESPN commentator, a far cry from practicing medicine, so maybe he heeded Uzelac's advice.

A correction from the original post: Benton Harbor's record this year was 5-4.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Stjotoo- I did not mean to belittle what he is doing at Benton Harbor- that is quite a story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: High School Playoffs   OT: High School Playoffs Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: High School Playoffs
Page 1 of 1