Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lewis a semi-finalist.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Lewis a semi-finalist. Empty
PostSubject: Lewis a semi-finalist.   Lewis a semi-finalist. EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 11:55 pm

For Bednarik Award.  I don't think that he'll win but if he makes it to the final cut I'll be pleased.  There are some big names there in more involved positions.  I'm not saying CB is easy but for the most part you have one-guy to take care of. He is the only CB still in contention...

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110415aaa.html

Lewis Named Semifinalist for Bednarik Award

Nov. 4, 2015

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. -- Junior cornerback Jourdan Lewis of the 16th-ranked University of Michigan football team was named a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award as selected by the Maxwell Football Club. The Bednarik Award is presented annually to the most outstanding defensive player in college football.

Lewis, who was also named a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award last week, has played a crucial role on the defensive side of the ball for the Wolverines this year, helping the Maize and Blue rank first or second in five defensive categories including scoring defense.

Lewis ranks fourth on the team with 29 tackles, while adding 2.5 tackles-for-loss and two interceptions. He has broken up 17 passes this season, which is one shy of tying the school record of 18 for most passes defended in a season, an honor that is shared by Marlin Jackson (2002) and Leon Hall (2006). In his career, Lewis has tallied 25 PBUs and ranks tied for eighth in school history in that category. His 17 passes defended rank tied for third in the country and tied for first in the conference with Desmond King of Iowa.

Joining Lewis on the 20-man list are fellow Big Ten players Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Shalique Calhoun (Michigan State), Carl Nassib (Penn State) and Joe Schobert (Wisconsin).

The three finalists for the award will be announced on Nov. 24, while the winner will be announced on Dec. 10 as part of the Home Depot College Football Awards Show, which will be broadcast on ESPN.

Following is a list of the 2015 Chuck Bednarik Award semifinalists:
Kendell Beckwith, Linebacker, LSU
Andrew Billings, Nose Tackle, Baylor
Joey Bosa, Defensive End, Ohio State
Jonathan Bullard, Defensive End, Florida
Shilique Calhoun, Defensive End, Michigan State
Jeremy Cash, Safety, Duke
Su'a Cravens, Linebacker, USC
Myles Garrett, Defensive End, Texas A&M
Vernon Hargreaves III, Cornerback, Florida
Shaq Lawson, Defensive End, Clemson
Jourdan Lewis, Cornerback, Michigan
Tyler Matakevich, Linebacker, Temple
Carl Nassib, Defensive End, Penn State
Robert Nkemdiche, Defensive Tackle, Ole Miss
Emmanuel Ogbah, Defensive End, Oklahoma State
Reggie Ragland, Linebacker, Alabama
Jalen Ramsey, Cornerback, Florida State
A'Shawn Robinson, Defensive Line, Alabama
Joe Schobert, Linebacker, Wisconsin
Jaylon Smith, Linebacker, Notre Dame

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

Lewis a semi-finalist.
Page 1 of 1