Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LeMoyne Notes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 pm

- Duncan Robinson can shoot
- MICHIGAN bench is deep. I think 11 guys had double digit minutes
- Moe Wag hits a three with a minute left ha ha
- Rebounding looked much improved (but it was LeMoyne)
- Patrick trying to get dad John to play at LeMoyne next year to open their new facilities
- 2nd half threes were falling so easy. that is always a great thing to have happen.
- Levert easily the best player on the court all night. get used to that this season.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:37 pm

I didn't get to watch it but based off of Twitter comments the 3's were streaky as hell. If I wasn't lazy I would dig up some of my predictions last year about Duncan for this year for. I knew he was going to be good. Moe is going to be fun to watch. Animated, descent passer and likes to shoot from 3.

Did anyone actually watch the game? That BTN+ is some bullshit.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 12:14 am

naw I just listened to it from the stream cast on MgoBlue.com.

sounded to me like the first half three were terrible. second half they caught fire though.

duncan does sound like he's gonna be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:55 am

The stream actually ended up being free.

-LeVert is LeVert. He looked every bit as good as you'd expect him to and he is quite easily the best player on this team.

-Walton is Walton. He looked good and it was great to see these two healthy again.

-Spike is Spike. We know what we are getting with him almost night in and night out. Nothing special but will continue to be a key player off the bench.

-Duncan's shot is pure butter. He's got that Stauskas quality of almost wanting someone else to pass up an easy layup to let Duncan shoot an open 3.

-Donnal and Doyle were both unimpressive. I think Wagner will end up being the best center of the 3 and hopefully that happens sooner than later.

-Kam Chatman and D.J. Wilson rotated at the 4 and both showed some nice things despite their shots not falling. Neither of them had what I would call a good game, but they have both made obvious improvements from last year.

-Dawkins played pretty poorly, but I guess that what happens when someone who is primarily a shooter goes cold. I would have really liked to seem his use his athleticism on the glass or around the rim, but I didn't. He also re-hurt is ankle again after hurting it in practice earlier this week.

-MAAR was pretty quite and appears to be the odd man out of the rotation. Even with Irvin out, he and Wagner were regularly the last two to be subbed in. Considering Beilein usually only goes 8-9 deep in his rotation, I just don't know where his minutes are going to come from when Irvin returns.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:14 am

Yep and Hail correct me if I'm wrong but, regardless of the quality of the depth on the bench, JB has typically always had his starting 5 play most of the minutes anyway(barring foul trouble or injury).

so the 8-9 man rotation was never really an issue to be discussed. now he basically has another starting team sitting on the bench. IMO the depth is a good thing, especially if a guy goes cold one one night. but how long before we hear about guys not getting minutes?

I only have to go on what I heard last night but I agree that duncan robinson is going to be fun to watch shoot this year.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Yeah, JB has already said that he plans on having his best players on the court as much as possible and that it likely means an 8-9 man rotation.

I think we saw who is currently in that rotation last night with the way he brought the subs in. He started:
PG Walton
SG LeVert
SF Dawkins
PF Chatman
C Donnal

The first 4 guys off the bench were Doyle (for Donnal), Spike (for Walton), Duncan (for Dawkins) and Doyle (for Donnal). Wagner and MAAR didn't get in until the 3rd round of subs both halves. They look like the odd men out of Beilein's 9 man rotation. I think Mo can earn minutes because Donnal and Doyle aren't worldbeaters, but I just don't know where you take minutes away in the back court to give MAAR minutes (especially when Irvin returns).
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Doyle was better than Donnal last year and looked to have far, far more upside. I expect him to get 25 minutes a game.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Yeah, Donnal is just so frustrating to watch. He has absolutely no motor.

I think Wagner has the most potential out of the three by quite a wide margin.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:28 pm

HAIL, I know you're frustrated with the board but please stick around for the season. you are far and away the best at breaking down the BBall team night after night.

plus you have the best recruiting insight of all of us.

please at least reply to any questions I have.....

don't leave
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:07 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
HAIL, I know you're frustrated with the board but please stick around for the season. you are far and away the best at breaking down the BBall team night after night.

don't leave

Don't go- all of the plants will die.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:39 pm

ha! classic post shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 2:44 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

don't leave

I appreciate it the props, sandy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LeMoyne Notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeMoyne Notes   LeMoyne Notes Empty

Back to top Go down

LeMoyne Notes
Page 1 of 1