Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When will they learn?

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

When will they learn? Empty
PostSubject: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:46 am

Well, they're probably sparty alumni so never...

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/11/jim_harbaugh_asked_to_compare.html#incart_most-commented_wolverines

Jim Harbaugh asked to compare pro and college jobs: At Michigan 'you've got it all'

By Nick Baumgardner | nbaumgardner@mlive.com

November 09, 2015 at 8:01 PM

ANN ARBOR -- Some day off-beat and out of town reporters will catch on.

But until then, it never fails.

Once every few weeks, an out of state reporter will arrive at a Michigan press conference or join a Jim Harbaugh teleconference with the same question.

Can he describe the difference between coaching professional players and college players?

His answer is typically the same. And Monday, when he was asked again, it was no different.

"When it gets into questions about comparing one thing to another or one person to another, I avoid it like the plague," Harbaugh said Monday afternoon. "Somebody always gets diminished.

"They're both good. They're both great."

Harbaugh's name, of course, continues to get mentioned in speculative NFL circles just about every time a coaching position in the league opens up.

Asked earlier this season what his reaction was when he heard public speculation like this, Harbaugh called it "disrespectful," adding that he really doesn't pay much attention to it.

But when pressed further by an out of state reporter about the whole pro vs. college situation, Harbaugh opted to expand.

Not about what's best or worst about one particular level.

But about what's best at his current gig.

"What's been tremendous here is that you've got it all," Harbaugh said about his Michigan job. "I love football. I love the University of Michigan and I love coaching. I get to do all three of those (here).

"As my dad would say: 'Who's got it better than us? ... Nobody.' "

Michigan fans probably still agree.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:52 am

I live here in Indianapolis and the rumor that JH is coming to replace Pagano after this season just won't die.

On Halloween night I was outside talking with the neighbors and I met one guy's dad. He is convinced it's happening. I said no way.

Hey, it's annoying, but if his name keeps coming up, it means he's winning at UM so it is a good problem to have.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 8:10 am

Good point, when there is no speculation about other teams wanting your coach, that's not a good sign.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:58 am

wshoes wrote:
Good point, when there is no speculation about other teams wanting your coach, that's not a good sign.

Maybe it got by me or I just don't remember correctly, but there was only one team that was ever connected with, or thrown out as a possibility, of trying to lure Bo from Michigan, in either '81 or '82.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:58 am

Texas A&M. I'm sure more teams contacted Bo, but he was close to leaving fo A&M.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:17 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Texas A&M.  I'm sure more teams contacted Bo, but he was close to leaving fo A&M.

My point is that. IF other teams contacted him, we NEVER, outside of A&M, heard Bo's name connected with any coaching vacancy.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Its always troubling when you have a good coach, and with pro ties, you have to worry about him leaving. Michigan now has the coach they have been seeking since Bo left, a teacher and maker of men, an Apple from the branch of Bo. Now every time a coach gets fired in the NFL his name is mention, much like Saban is at Alabama. How come they never go after Les Miles or Dam Tonio. I do truly hope Jim is in love with Michigan and does not leave, He is our cake and eat it too.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:51 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Its always troubling when you have a good coach, and with pro ties, you have to worry about him leaving. Michigan now has the coach they have been seeking since Bo left, a teacher and maker of men, an Apple from the branch of Bo. Now every time a coach gets fired in the NFL his name is mention, much like Saban is at Alabama. How come they never go after Les Miles or Dam Tonio. I do truly hope Jim is in love with Michigan and does not leave, He is our cake and eat it too.

From what I heard Coach Harbaugh was all set to come to Michigan after AD Martin retired (not that there was any problem with AD Martin). DB Brandon didn't even talk to Coach Harbaugh personally. That DB sent some lackey to talk to Coach Harbaugh. Coach Harbaugh then said "No thanks" before he was even offered, which he wasn't. DB Brandon did not want to play second-fiddle to a football coach, enter Hoke. AD Hackett went about it the right way and woo'ed Coach Harbaugh. He felt the love so he eagerly came back. Coach Harbaugh isn't going anywhere unless AD Hackett steps down and Michigan hires another tool for an AD.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 7:18 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:

From what I heard Coach Harbaugh was all set to come to Michigan after AD Martin retired (not that there was any problem with AD Martin).  DB Brandon didn't even talk to Coach Harbaugh personally.  That DB sent some lackey to talk to Coach Harbaugh.  Coach Harbaugh then said "No thanks" before he was even offered, which he wasn't.  DB Brandon did not want to play second-fiddle to a football coach, enter Hoke.  AD Hackett went about it the right way and woo'ed Coach Harbaugh.  He felt the love so he eagerly came back.  Coach Harbaugh isn't going anywhere unless AD Hackett steps down and Michigan hires another tool for an AD.

Pretty much what was in the 4th and Long book by Bacon. JH said he didn't "feel the love" from UM. I'm sure he does now.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:42 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:

From what I heard Coach Harbaugh was all set to come to Michigan after AD Martin retired (not that there was any problem with AD Martin).  DB Brandon didn't even talk to Coach Harbaugh personally.  That DB sent some lackey to talk to Coach Harbaugh.  Coach Harbaugh then said "No thanks" before he was even offered, which he wasn't.  DB Brandon did not want to play second-fiddle to a football coach, enter Hoke.  AD Hackett went about it the right way and woo'ed Coach Harbaugh.  He felt the love so he eagerly came back.  Coach Harbaugh isn't going anywhere unless AD Hackett steps down and Michigan hires another tool for an AD.

Pretty much what was in the 4th and Long book by Bacon.  JH said he didn't "feel the love" from UM.  I'm sure he does now.

Basically, I'm just wordy. As previously stated you can tell that I was a government employee.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 9:45 am

I think Jack and Jackie Harbaugh who love being in A2 area and helped encourage Jim are a big factor. Plus I'd say as long as his kids are happy in school, he's here until they graduate.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 12:41 pm

then he should have more kids Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: When will they learn?   When will they learn? Empty

Back to top Go down

When will they learn?
Page 1 of 1