Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The recruiting numbers since RR took over:

Go down 
+3
sandyeggo_blue
romeo49
Wolverdog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

The recruiting numbers since RR took over: Empty
PostSubject: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 am

2008 - 2011:

Michigan commits with MSU offers: 17

Michigan commits with OSU offers: 6

MSU commits with Michigan offers: 13

MSU commits with OSU offers: 3

OSU commits with Michigan offers: 32

OSU commits with MSU offers: 22

2012 - present:

Michigan commits with MSU offers: 18

Michigan commits with OSU offers: 10

MSU commits with Michigan offers: 2

MSU commits with OSU offers: 2

OSU commits with Michigan offers: 13

OSU commits with MSU offers: 11

From TomVH at ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/michigan/post?id=2956

PostSubject: Shhh! Not supposed to notice the obvious!   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Having defended him until midway the last year the above and ST /defense coaching/wrong scheme given weather in B10 and wrong defense for B10 were just too much and no defense was possible anymore. Not a bad guy and wish RR all the best but Brady isn't gonna go backwards from here.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:52 pm

romeo49 wrote:
Having defended him until midway the last year the above and ST /defense coaching/wrong scheme given weather in B10 and wrong defense for B10 were just too much and no defense was possible anymore. Not a bad guy and wish RR all the best but Brady isn't gonna go backwards from here.

Yep, I second this romeo... For the record, I never defended RR's Defense or his recruiting however, I certainly defended his dedication to implementing his style of play (which now I'm starting to realize was NEVER going to be successful, or least was NEVER going to get us a NC). I really wanted the spread to work at UM.

I was bummed when they fired him but I fully understood why. But after I read 3 and Out I was so upset that he was treated the way he was and it made even more upset knowing that he never really had a fair shot at getting his style of players and play in place.

But when I see numbers like the ones posted above and I look back on Brady's first year of recruiting and coaching. And when I take a step back and analyze the recruiting Hoke is doing now and I think about the vision Hoke has (players, schemes, etc) going forward I realize that I was DEAD WRONG about RR and his spread.

RR is probably a great guy. I truly think he is a humble person and he is probably a great man to his wife and kids. I do wish him the best of luck in life but I am thanking my lucky stars every day that we have Brady at the helm.

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:06 pm

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:12 pm

I defended RR right up until the Wisconsin game in 2010. They didn't throw a pass, or maybe 1 or 2, in the second half and still put up 24 2nd half points.

I too read 3 and out, and it hasn't changed my mind at all. He made his own luck. I don't care if former players or former coaches ever talked to him. Doesn't matter. He needed to win, and he didn't.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I defended RR right up until the Wisconsin game in 2010. They didn't throw a pass, or maybe 1 or 2, in the second half and still put up 24 2nd half points.

I too read 3 and out, and it hasn't changed my mind at all. He made his own luck. I don't care if former players or former coaches ever talked to him. Doesn't matter. He needed to win, and he didn't.

Wiscy didn't throw a pass in the 2nd half of the game in '10. Made me sick too... No

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

[quote="sandyeggo_blue"]
romeo49 wrote:
RR is probably a great guy. I truly think he is a humble person and he is probably a great man to his wife and kids. I do wish him the best of luck in life but I am thanking my lucky stars every day that we have Brady at the helm.

That's a nice tought but I have heard, from multiple attractive women on campus (not too sure how credible these reports are though) that Rich Clod is an arrogant, perverted, P.O.S. They all said that he has attempted to use his stature as the Head Football Coach to get the women to go for drinks, to a hotel, back to his office with him.

One even said, once again not sure how credible this is, that Rich Clod wanted her to go home with him so that she could have a three-some with him and his wife.

All in all, they said that he was an asshole.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Like I said, I tried to defend that idiot at first (mostly because of my love and loyalty towards The University of Michigan) but after the 3rd loss to sparty I was convinced that he had to go. No one, and I mean NO ONE is allowed to do that in any real sport. Please note that I don't consider bouncey-ball an actual sport even though a great deal of athleticism is required to play at a high level.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:55 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Wiscy didn't throw a pass in the 2nd half of the game in '10. Made me sick too... No

Did they not complete a pass, or literally never attempted a pass??

I remember that game slightly...

(Before I had moved to Chicago) I was in Wrigleyville for the NW/UofI game. I sat in Cubby Bear and watched the 1st half of the UM/UW game. Then got through about 3/4 of the 3rd and saw how it was playing out.

I got the hell out of there so I could just enjoy the day/atmosphere. It was a lot of fun.

More importantly, I'm glad I was drunk enough/didn't watch the whole thing because I hardly remember it at all.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Admin wrote:
Did they not complete a pass, or literally never attempted a pass??

I remember that game slightly...

(Before I had moved to Chicago) I was in Wrigleyville for the NW/UofI game. I sat in Cubby Bear and watched the 1st half of the UM/UW game. Then got through about 3/4 of the 3rd and saw how it was playing out.

I got the hell out of there so I could just enjoy the day/atmosphere. It was a lot of fun.

More importantly, I'm glad I was drunk enough/didn't watch the whole thing because I hardly remember it at all.

It was the 3rd play of the 2nd half for Wisconsin but yes they did complete a pass. Granted, they fumbled the ball right after the reception but they did complete a pass. It's starting to come back to me a little now actually. Wasn't that the play when Tolzien hit the WR in the chest but a Michigan defender hit him immdiately causeing the ball to ricochet intoi the arms of another Michigan defenser.

Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mich/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/fbl-boxscore-112010.pdf

They actually attempted, and completed one pass which was then turned over by a fumble.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: So, back to recruiting...   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:49 am

It's pretty obvious by the numbers that Hoke isn't giving anything up in the Midwest. We all know that by now, but it's nice to see it in black and white. And don't forget, those numbers reflect three years under the previous regime and only two under Hoke.

Keep it up Brady!

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am

My biggest problem with RR, as is likely the case for the majority of you all, is that his defenses not only were ineffective, but worst of all, showed absolutely (or virtually) NO IMPROVEMENT year to year (at U-M). Players may have worked harder to get stronger and better-conditioned, but the chronic problems of being out of position, taking wrong routes, poor tackling, ahem, POOR FORMATION (and in deference to Dave Brandon I won't even NAME it!)...all contributed to an appalling effect...witness the Wisky game you've all brought up. And his answer to his annual defensive
doldrums? Change DCs...and confuse the players even more with a new system each season.

He had to go...and kudos to D.B. for realizing it.

No comment on the allegations of his after-hours "activites"...not only are they only allegations, but I consider that sort of thing, true or not, to be N.O.M.G.D.F.B.

(See how long it takes you to fill in ALL the blanks...)
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:25 am

Wolverdog wrote:
It's pretty obvious by the numbers that Hoke isn't giving anything up in the Midwest. We all know that by now, but it's nice to see it in black and white. And don't forget, those numbers reflect three years under the previous regime and only two under Hoke.

Keep it up Brady!

I love that even though recruits have pledged to play for UM, Hoke is continuing to recruit them. We've all seen these guys change their mind at the last minute, so you have to continue to let the know they are wanted/needed, because you know coaches from other schools are wispering in their ears.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:52 am

michmike wrote:
No comment on the allegations of his after-hours "activites"...not only are they only allegations, but I consider that sort of thing, true or not, to be N.O.M.G.D.F.B.

None Of My God Damn Fucking Business? And I discount whatever the agitator posts out of hand.

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Wolverdog wrote:

Keep it up Brady!

I love that even though recruits have pledged to play for UM, Hoke is continuing to recruit them. We've all seen these guys change their mind at the last minute, so you have to continue to let the know they are wanted/needed, because you know coaches from other schools are wispering in their ears.

I think that's huge also fish, and a relatively small thing to call/e-mail/text the verballed kids a couple times a week.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
michmike wrote:

None Of My God Damn Fucking Business? And I discount whatever the agitator posts out of hand.

Talk about a closed-minded person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said in the post, "not too sure how credible these reports are though". Why you felt the need to insult me as well as dis-count my posts are beyond me?

Not sure what your angle is here but what-ever makes you happy...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The recruiting numbers since RR took over:   The recruiting numbers since RR took over: Empty

Back to top Go down

The recruiting numbers since RR took over:
Page 1 of 1