Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 schedule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 schedule Empty
PostSubject: 2016 schedule   2016 schedule EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 5:56 pm

I just looked ahead to our schedule next year. wanted to see how tough it would be early on for our new QB, new LBs, new C, etc etc.

what a joke.

Hawaii, UCF and Colorado. Combined 2015 record of 7-31

Let me play the optimist here and say we are in discussion for the playoff next year. our OOC schedule is going to kill that dream.

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

2016 schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 schedule   2016 schedule EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 6:42 pm

They go undefeated and they are in. It really is not that hard to figure out. Call it the perks of playing in a major conference. See: Iowa
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

2016 schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 schedule   2016 schedule EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 7:19 pm

yea , nut you may be overlooking is the Conf schedule, MSU, O$U , Iowa Wisconsin, not to mention he usual suspects. Never count your chickens be fore the hatch , not to mention our Rivals are on the road, Please put the bong away,
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 schedule   2016 schedule EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 pm

let me rephrase and say again..... Let me play the optimist here and say we are in discussion for the playoff next year with other 1 loss teams (what I tried to convey in my first post) our OOC schedule is going to kill that dream.

I know it's way to early to make any predictions, and trust me I'm not trying to. I'm just saying that the OOC sched is weak. I mean laughably weak. so the first thing that came to mind was how that could be frowned upon by a selection committee if it were to get to that point.

I guess I'll just stick to the original reason I looked at the early schedule (new starters/players transition)

Back to top Go down

2016 schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 schedule   2016 schedule EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 10:00 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
let me rephrase and say again..... Let me play the optimist here and say we are in discussion for the playoff next year with other 1 loss teams (what I tried to convey in my first post) our OOC schedule is going to kill that dream.

I know it's way to early to make any predictions, and trust me I'm not trying to. I'm just saying that the OOC sched is weak. I mean laughably weak. so the first thing that came to mind was how that could be frowned upon by a selection committee if it were to get to that point.

I guess I'll just stick to the original reason I looked at  the early schedule (new starters/players transition)

Eggo I get your point but by the same token O$U and MSU also Penn State should be enough to keep the quality wins plausible , I mean if we could win those 3 game and even win 2 of 3 and defeat Iowa. I would think any committee would say that's a hell of an accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2016 schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 schedule   2016 schedule EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 10:47 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I guess I'll just stick to the original reason I looked at  the early schedule (new starters/players transition)

Eggo I get your point but by the same token O$U and MSU also Penn State should be enough to keep the quality wins plausible , I mean if we could win those 3 game and even win 2 of 3 and defeat Iowa. I would think any committee would say that's a hell of an accomplishment.

I hate so say it but I kinda agree with artist on this one. IMHO the B1G TEN East is quickly becomming the SEC West of a few years ago. I know I've been advocating for Iowa all year (even though they are in the West) but I have a hard time seeing them with sustained success. I know the new QB is only a Junior but Iowa is more than a QB. They aen't losing that much in terms of quantity but with the way that team plays their chemistry has to be looked at. Iowa has a somewhat questionable OOC schedule next year too. They open up with Miami University, not The U., rather the MAC school. Then they play their rivalry game against Iowa State. Their third game is against North Dakota State! NDSU is a FCS school but admittedly a good one. They won the National Championship last year and are currently #2 in FCS. NDSU could be their App. State.... They have a better conference schedule than this year as they have to go to Penn State and host us but yea, not much different.

The B1G TEN East basically has 4 heavy-weights (UM, PSU, o$u, and yes I'm on the verge of including sparty) and three also-ran's: Indiana, Maryland and Rutgers. That's pretty similar to the SEC West with 'bama, LSU, Ole'Miss, and Texas A&M along with Arkansas, Miss. State, and Auburn. Of course Ole'Miss and Auburn could be interchanged depending on the given year but for the most part....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2016 schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 schedule   2016 schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 schedule
Page 1 of 1