Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need to sit Irvin

Go down 
+3
wshoes
fishgoblue22
the artist formally known
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 9:24 pm

Man they need to sit Irvan till he finds his shot, he is not even close looks like a brick layer, He is throwing up about 13 a game and maybe making 3. Robinson looks tough , but this new foul shit for Michigan sucks they are a perimeter team and don't get fouled much, while other team who take the ball to the basket are creating a boat load of fouls bounce bounce

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 8:09 am

I thought Irvin looked pretty solid last night.  Wasn't hitting threes, but he did play agressive defense and had a couple nice drives to the basket.  A couple drives led to dishing the ball to Wagner for points.

Robinson can sure shoot, but he is a defensive liability.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 10:13 am

Irvin made some really nice passes too.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 am

Yeesh....you guys are lenient. 3-11 shooting 1-6 from 3 is not ideal. I guess we can give him a participation ribbon for his "hustle."

I am not on board with just sitting him but I am not going to pat him on the back for hustle.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:26 am

The guy showed he has the tools to be an elite level player and scorer. His scoring is down this year but that's not surprising coming off a back surgery that had him completely sidelined for 3 months. I think Beilein knows that, by the end of the year, Irvin is going to be back in game form. Coach is building a rotation that will be the best rotation possible come Big Ten play and tournament time and that rotation will include a heavy dose of minutes of a healthy Irvin.

Actually, he has been effective with his 2pt FGs (11 of 19) and creating shots for others, so it's not like he has been a complete mess on offense. He just needs to find his shot and/or stop shooting 3s so much because 5 of 28 from 3 is terrible.

dwoody

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:47 pm

His surgery was in SEPTEMBER, I believe. I'm amazed he's where he's at right now. He'll be fine come late-January.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 2:03 pm

And this is why you let one of your stud players play himself back into rhythm rather than benching them. Irvin looking like February 2015 Irvin.

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 7:20 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
And this is why you let one of your stud players play himself back into rhythm rather than benching them. Irvin looking like February 2015 Irvin.

I didn't watch the game but do you think the level of competition had anything to with it? Worse team we will play all season.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 7:36 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

I didn't watch the game but do you think the level of competition had anything to with it?  Worse team we will play all season.

I don't take much out of beating an opponent like this, but you could definitely see that Irvin has/is getting his juice back.

hailtoyourvictor

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:02 pm

And this is why you don't bench Irvin. You let your studs play yourself back into their rhythm after an injury so they are in form come conference play.

sandyeggo_blue

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:45 pm

I thought he played well. kind of like he knew they were counting on him with levert out. he responded well

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:43 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

I didn't watch the game but do you think the level of competition had anything to with it?  Worse team we will play all season.

I don't take much out of beating an opponent like this, but you could definitely see that Irvin has/is getting his juice back.

NO YOU MORON! you give him minute and slowly let I'm self back into shape. You play an injured player to much and their injuries begin to effect his play. Michigan was lucky that this didn't happen to Irvin, I never said not to play him I said he needed his minute cut, Sad Sad

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:18 am

The point, hail, is that the opposite is/was true. Zack needed to PLAY until he found his shot. He did, and he has.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:53 am

Yup. Irvin wasn't injured anymore. He simply needed to make up for all the lost time he WAS injured this summer and that meant refunding his jumpshot.

You don't just bench you stud because of that.

wshoes

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 9:34 am

His passing has reached a new level this year. Once again yesterday he made several great ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need to sit Irvin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to sit Irvin   Need to sit Irvin Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to sit Irvin
Page 1 of 1