Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... Empty
PostSubject: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:03 pm

ranked #4 in the state of Indiana, they're 20-1.

I had NO idea.

Glad I'm headed home for the weekend. If they win tonight they're in the sectional 'ship....I'll be there.

I'm pumped!!!!!!!

Go (Elkhart Memorial) Chargers!!!!!

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:59 pm

My Brother lived in Elkhart

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:34 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
My Brother lived in Elkhart

Glad that's in the past tense.

Place is not very great these days. And I hate to say that, because it's my hometown, but, ugh.

Left for college and never went back (for good, I mean).

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Lots industry issues down there.

RV capital of the world. Until the recession made everyone stop buying RVs and conversion vans and motor homes ETC....

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:06 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Lots industry issues down there.

RV capital of the world. Until the recession made everyone stop buying RVs and conversion vans and motor homes ETC....

Ding ding ding.

21% unemployment rate in '09.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 pm

I played Fall baseball with a few guys from Elkhart back in '91 (I think). Great guys, at least what I remember about them. Of course I was only around them on about 6 weekends in September-October but still.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Definitely some good athletes come out of Elkhart.

Shawn Kemp, anyone?

Sure he couldn't spell his own name....but that man could throw it down!! Lol

I played football with his nephew in HS...he was a great athlete as well. Kemp grew up across the street from my grandmother, so we saw him playing basketball all the time as a kid. Then his senior year in HS when he was being heavily recruited, we watched a lot of his games. Will never forget after they won the sectional championship, and after the game he pulled out of the parking lot in a droptop, bright red Corvette.

Uh, yeah, that probably wasn't an illegal recruiting gift?? Ha

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Sounds like your guy got his freak-on quite frequently...

"As of 1998, Kemp had fathered at least 7 children.[11] This number is alleged to be even higher, resulting in Kemp being an easy target for commentators' jokes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Kemp

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...   OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad... Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Just read up on my HS's basketball squad...
Page 1 of 1