Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1thing you can always count on

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

1thing you can always count on Empty
PostSubject: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:52 pm

The Michigan opponent's shot chart will be crowded in the paint. Robinson on fire. Walton needs to slow down and we need a 2nd gun to fire, bounce All and All a nice 1st half did some nice job on the glass What a Face

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Yep. solid first half. duncan robinson shoots like he's play a video game.

very nice to see diamond stone with only 3 first half points.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 11:31 pm

had to open my big mouth

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 11:39 pm

live and die by the 3.

first half livin

second half..... No No No

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 11:39 pm

17-4 run no outside shot and burned in the paint can you play zone in the paint because Michigan has NO FUCKING ANSWER FOR IT, CJ WILSON 6'9" plays like he is 5"2" . This is the team I am used to seeing I don't know what the hell John told him at the Half but he better file that freaking speech away. Sad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:01 am

wow.... what a win.

walton was absolutely clutch in the last 4 minutes. walton won the game for MICHIGAN.

oh and how awkward was that 3 that irvin hit with less than 2 to play. just glad it went it.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:05 am

^^^^^^bitches^^^^^^

All in good fun!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:31 am

I was hanging in there with them the entire time. but yes I was worried when they blew a 13 pt lead and were down one with about 5 to play. but i'm sure I wasn't the only one

I think maryland just gave the rest of the B1G a blueprint to shut down duncan in the second which can't be good moving forward.

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 9:20 am

Yes Robinson is going to have to learn to take it to the hole to keep the defender honest.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 9:22 am

Woody that win doesn't change my opinion. Michigan will still have to defend the post. They need someone in there that can slow that part down . You cannot allow a team to shoot 85% in the paint and put 60 on you there.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:15 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I was hanging in there with them the entire time. but yes I was worried when they blew a 13 pt lead and were down one with about 5 to play. but i'm sure I wasn't the only one

I think maryland just gave the rest of the B1G a blueprint to shut down duncan in the second which can't be good moving forward.

You mean tire him out? That blueprint is always there. It is also why you need multiple weapons, which we have,
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:16 am

the artist formally known wrote:
17-4 run no outside shot and burned in the paint can you play zone in the paint because Michigan has NO FUCKING ANSWER FOR IT, CJ WILSON 6'9" plays like he is 5"2" . This is the team I am used to seeing I don't know what the hell John told him at the Half but he better file that freaking speech away. Sad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

You think there was a Maryland fan on a board somewhere who was complaining about our runs? Almost all games are games of runs by both teams.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:20 am

Woody that win doesn't change my opinion. Michigan will still have to defend the post. They need someone in there that can slow that part down . You cannot allow a team to shoot 85% in the paint and put 60 on you there.

If they could score in the post any time they wanted then why did Maryland take 24 3s- which they only made 6 of? There are always offsets and balances. Maryland coach Turgeon said they had so much trouble guarding us that WE forced them to go small at one point- so it works both ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:45 am

wshoes wrote:

If they could score in the post any time they wanted then why did Maryland take 24 3s- which they only made 6 of? There are always offsets and balances. Maryland coach Turgeon said they had so much trouble guarding us that WE forced them to go small at one point- so it works both ways.

Turgeon's error he should have just kept pounding inside., he was almost guaranteed 2 point and maybe 3 with fouls. The high % shot is a better attack than forcing Michigan to work to the bucket. I would have stayed big and hope Michigan cooled off , which they did in the 2nd half.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:12 am

wshoes wrote:

Turgeon's error he should have just kept pounding inside., he was almost guaranteed 2 point and maybe 3 with fouls.  The high % shot is a better attack than forcing Michigan to work to the bucket. I would have stayed big and hope Michigan cooled off , which they did in the 2nd half.

Michigan cooled off per Turgeon because Maryland played their best defense of the entire season from about the 16 minute mark to the 8 minute mark of the second half. Fortunately Michigan was able to weather that.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:18 pm

shoes what I meant by blueprint for duncan is defend him tight, not wear him out.

duncan can shoot the lights out but at this point he can't create shots. He did bring the ball to the hoop last night on one nice play but he's no stauskas when it comes to being able to beat a defender on a dribble drive and create a bucket.

I think he has the potential at getting there and has made some strides but he's definitely not there yet. what that does is allows the defender to play him tight and not give him space. defenders had to play off of nik because they needed that extra space to react to his explosion to the net (which duncan can't do now). nik could explode to basket or spot up and shoot the 3 and that is what made him special to me.

from what I've seen so far this year, if you play duncan tight and don't allow him to move around you essentially cut his shots and percentages in half and that can be a major blow for a team that relies on outside shooting.

and yes, maryland did play nice D during that stretch but MICHIGAN found ways to score at the times they needed to. maybe not like they were in the first half but they were scoring. but duncan wasn't because he was locked up. that's the point I was trying to make.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:44 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
shoes what I meant by blueprint for duncan is defend him tight, not wear him out.

duncan can shoot the lights out but at this point he can't create shots. He did bring the ball to the hoop last night on one nice play but he's no stauskas when it comes to being able to beat a defender on a dribble drive and create a bucket.

I think he has the potential at getting there and has made some strides but he's definitely not there yet. what that does is allows the defender to play him tight and not give him space. defenders had to play off of nik because they needed that extra space to react to his explosion to the net (which duncan can't do now). nik could explode to basket or spot up and shoot the 3 and that is what made him special to me.

from what I've seen so far this year, if you play duncan tight and don't allow him to move around you essentially cut his shots and percentages in half and that can be a major blow for a team that relies on outside shooting.

and yes, maryland did play nice D during that stretch but MICHIGAN found ways to score at the times they needed to. maybe not like they were in the first half but they were scoring. but duncan wasn't because he was locked up. that's the point I was trying to make.

Sandy you are right that he cannot create like Stauskus could and maybe never will but he has shown a few signs (as you note once last night and a few times before), of taking it strong to the hoop. He has also become a pretty good passer so there are some constraints to an opponent just playing up in his grill all the time. We also might screen more for him. He is a complementary piece of the offense I'd say, not the focal point, but a very nice piece to have.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:41 pm

wshoes wrote:

Sandy you are right that he cannot create like Stauskus could and maybe never will but he has shown a few signs (as you note once last night and a few times before), of taking it strong to the hoop. He has also become a pretty good passer so there are some constraints to an opponent just playing up in his grill all the time. We also might screen more for him. He is a complementary piece of the offense I'd say, not the focal point, but a very nice piece to have.

yes I agree that better screens for him could help. I saw last night, and the announcers also talked about him not moving around and trying to create an open shot. so maybe he needs some work there.

yeah he had some nice passes too so I guess I didn't factor that into my "blueprint" for shutting him down ha ha.

PostSubject: Re: 1thing you can always count on   1thing you can always count on Empty

Back to top Go down

1thing you can always count on
Page 1 of 1