Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:48 pm

don't have a link, sorry.

From Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB Ex #Michigan HC Brady Hoke is #Oregon's new DC.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:00 pm

http://www.goducks.com

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Saw that, good for him. I hope he has a successful defense.  He will need some coordinator success to get another HC gig in my opinion.  But what do I know?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:07 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Saw that, good for him.  I hope he has a successful defense.  He will need some coordinator success to get another HC gig in my opinion.  But what do I know?

In my opinion you are spot on. Of course I'll add that in all liklihood he never gets another major HC-job, I can see him at a Mid-Major again if this goes well for him in Eugene. I could be wrong though, who knows?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:39 pm

He's going to need a lot of luck. I am trying to find a comparison here but I can't. All I can say is he is DC of a school that is offense first, second and last. Good luck having your team on the field 75% of the game. At least the facilities are awesome.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:53 pm

Good point Mgo however maybe that is the reason he ws brought in. Not necessarliy to decrease the offense (although he did that at Michigan as Head Coach). He's always been a guy with a good defensive mind, maybe Oregon is trying to elevate it? He can recruit, who knows if he can sell the shoebox that is Oregon though. It's different.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:58 pm

I just can't see where a defense can be successful when they are constantly being asked to carry the lion share of the minutes. See Rich Rod. I think it will be difficult to draw top defensive recruits too.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:10 pm

That is true but who knows? I assume that you can guarantee playing time because the defense is on the field so much. Sell the fact that there is no such thing as a Defensive 2-deep, stress that it is a 4-deep and everyone gets to play.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 am

I think it is a tough spot for him. Just as his Michigan defenses were slightly overrated because the pace of play on offense was so slow, putting the defense on the field for fewer snaps, his Oregon defenses will likely be underrated- i.e. they will look worse than they actually are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon   Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon Empty

Back to top Go down

Per Bleacher Report, Hoke new DC at Oregon
Page 1 of 1