Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warde Manuel press conference

Go down 
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Warde Manuel press conference Empty
PostSubject: Warde Manuel press conference   Warde Manuel press conference EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:03 pm

He will start March 14th

thanking his family

Thanked Jim Hackett, thank you to UCONN family

Thanked Jim Delany

Biggest influences on him: his dad and Bo

it was 30yrs ago this week he committed to Bo before signing day.

Thanking Lloyd Carr, the coaches & the players he played for while student-athlete at Michigan.

Joking with Coach Hutchins, sounds like when WM was a student at M, he watered softball field. He told Coach H I'm the one that flooded your field one time. Received some good laughs!

when approached by search committee about his interest: WM said hell yea!!! then

Taking questions from press:

Asked about stability about program: If President MS would let him sign a 20yr contract he would. more laughs! Sounds like this is this is his last job (Of course you can never say never)

asked about relationship with JH: we have a bond hard to explain, JH was my capt. when I was a frosh. I wanted to tackle him in practice, but they wouldn't let me. JH came up to stage, gave WM a big hug and presented him with a M jersey, name & #79, WM joked I use to be able to fit into this jersey. Teased Jamie Morris no jokes about how big I am.

Any challenges: Need to understand program, get to know the culture sounds like he wants to meet with students, faculty & donors. Of course meet with coaches.

Nothing earth shattering, all the laughs he received sounds like he has a sense of humor. My first thoughts: M found the right man!!

Back to top Go down

Warde Manuel press conference
Page 1 of 1