Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... Empty
PostSubject: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Who do you have for our 'easiest', 'toughest' and 'trap game' opponents.

For the sake of this post, leave Bama out of it (they are clearly the most talented/toughest opponent).

Easiest - UMASS

Toughest - @ Ohio State/Nebraska (I can't decide)

Trap - The triple option of Air Force, sandwiched between Bama and @ ND, has my attention.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Easiest: UMASS

Toughest: @ Nebraska the week after playing little brother. Usually a little beat up after that game.

Trap: @ Purdue. They always play tough at home, and may over look them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Fish, I really like your pics.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:42 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Toughest: @ Nebraska the week after playing little brother. Usually a little beat up after that game.

Good point. Win or lose, we'll likely be (to at least some extent) EMOTIONALLY spent, as well as beat-up,
after the MSU game.

And just ask little brother how easy the Huskers are to beat at Lincoln. Plus---does anyone think Pelini's boys
will have forgotten the score at the Big House last year???
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Easiest = UMASS No explanation required

Toughest = Alabama. Although it's a neutral field and Bama is losing a lot of key players they are still the champs and I have a feeling they will just reload at the positions that they had talent loss. You can make a case for Nebraska being that it's away, it's probably going to define the Legends Div winner, their fans, tradition, etc. but I just don't see a tougher game than Bama.

Trap = Notre Dame. I know on paper UM is better and more experienced. I know ND lost their best player (and quite frankly the only guy to really have his way with UM as of late), and I know they have instability at QB and I know UM has had their number the last few years but I just hate watching UM play at ND. They always have the luck of the irish on their side and it will come down to the wire again. UM wins but it's going to be close and it will be a lucky bounce that gives us the win.
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Here's mine   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Easiest: UMass. This team is nothing like the talented group that came to the Big House a couple of years. Glad they are D-1 (FBS) now.

Toughest: O$U. Winning at the Shoe will be diffficult and it will depend on B. Miller's improvement throwing the ball.

Trap: Nebraska. Playing them at their place will be a hornets nest a week after playing Sparty.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:27 pm

1umgoblue85 wrote:
Easiest: UMass. This team is nothing like the talented group that came to the Big House a couple of years. Glad they are D-1 (FBS) now.

Toughest: O$U. Winning at the Shoe will be diffficult and it will depend on B. Miller's improvement throwing the ball.

Trap: Nebraska. Playing them at their place will be a hornets nest a week after playing Sparty.

Nice picks, 85. I didn't view Neb as a 'trap' game until a few posters framed it as such...scary game.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Easiest- UMASS (although that could become a possible trap game, even though it shouldn't be).

Toughest- sparty. Those inferior POS will lie, chect, steal, try to rape us, etc. just so they can feel better. Back-to-back 11 win years and still no one respects them. As always, everything is about Michigan. Nebraska is a close second but only because it is in Lincoln vs. the sparty game at Michigan Stadium.

Trap- Believe it or not, Northwestern. It's home, after playing at Minny's new field for the first time and before Iowa at home. Then ohio follows at the toilet bowl. The natural pecking order in terms of football only goes #1, ohio, #2 Notre Dame, #3 sparty, #4 Nebraska, #5 Iowa, #6-#8 Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern; and #9 Minnesota. Therefore, I see Northwestern as "possibly" being able to bite us. We're at home after quite possibly the "easiest" road game of the year and before a "should win" at home; then ohio looms. Hopefully we're not looking too far ahead.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:20 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Easiest- UMASS (although that could become a possible trap game, even though it shouldn't be).

Toughest- sparty. Those inferior POS will lie, chect, steal, try to rape us, etc. just so they can feel better. Back-to-back 11 win years and still no one respects them. As always, everything is about Michigan. Nebraska is a close second but only because it is in Lincoln vs. the sparty game at Michigan Stadium.

Trap- Believe it or not, Northwestern. It's home, after playing at Minny's new field for the first time and before Iowa at home. Then ohio follows at the toilet bowl. The natural pecking order in terms of football only goes #1, ohio, #2 Notre Dame, #3 sparty, #4 Nebraska, #5 Iowa, #6-#8 Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern; and #9 Minnesota. Therefore, I see Northwestern as "possibly" being able to bite us. We're at home after quite possibly the "easiest" road game of the year and before a "should win" at home; then ohio looms. Hopefully we're not looking too far ahead.

I must say, I love your pecking order rankings. If you didn't forget PSU, and UW, I'd say I agree with you exactly.

Mine:

1. Ohio, 2 ND, 3 Sparty, 4 Neb, 5 Iowa, 6 PSU, 7 UW 8-10 PU/UI/NW, 11 Minny, 12 IU

I must say, 5-7 (Iowa, PSU and UW) are equal to me. I dislike them all very, very much. The ONLY reason Neb ranks ahead of them is because I'll always carry a chip on my shoulder from '97.

B.S.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Admin wrote:
I must say, I love your pecking order rankings. If you didn't forget PSU, and UW, I'd say I agree with you exactly.

I didn't forget PSU or UW (or Indiana, YOU forgot your Alma Mater) but fact is that UM doesn't play them this year. Therefore, who cares? They are not even in the Football pecking order this year.

Now remember, what I listed was the FOOTBALL PECKING ORDER, not my own pecking order. My personal pecking order trumps the football pecking order for me. That's why, unlike many people yesterday, I didn't feel sick or "dirty" wanting ohio to win. I don't care if it's the "Go Fish" National Championship, I'd want ohio to beat sparty.

My personal Top (or in the case bottom) 5 are: 1: sparty, 2: ohio, 3: Notre Dame, 4: Nebraska-Omaha, 5: Miami (ohio).

Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Relax. I wasn't giving you a hard time, I thought you simply forgot them. I now get what you were doing, leaving the non-opponents off the list. Makes sense.

I didn't forget IU....their last on the list at 12.

Admin wrote:

Mine:

1. Ohio, 2 ND, 3 Sparty, 4 Neb, 5 Iowa, 6 PSU, 7 UW 8-10 PU/UI/NW, 11 Minny, 12 IU
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Admin wrote:
Relax. I wasn't giving you a hard time, I thought you simply forgot them. I now get what you were doing, leaving the non-opponents off the list. Makes sense.

I didn't forget IU....their last on the list at 12.

Admin wrote:

Mine:

But when you tried to call me out for forgetting UW and PSU you did not mention IU...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am

ah I wasn't trying to call u out.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:14 am

You did make a point of mentioning PSU and UW though....

And this just goes to show that Indiana is forgettable. Even an Alumnus forgot about it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...   Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012... Empty

Back to top Go down

Easiest, toughest and trap games of 2012...
Page 1 of 1