Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... Empty
PostSubject: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:46 am

But first, I wanted to express puzzlement over an article in the FREEP: "Eight Things We've Learned About Michigan So Far".

One of them, of course, dealt with the OL. It ended with: "Big Ten Play begins...and a banged-up PSU D-line will be a true litmus test".

Excuse me? What did I miss? How is a banged-up line going to test them any more than a stacked box (UCF) or healthy, huge DL (CU)
did? Didn't catch the author of that column, but it definitely left me confused.

Anyway, mine: 31-7. PSU is simply not in our class. In any phase of the game. It ought to be entertaining seeing PSU six-foot quarterback
throwing over/around the arms of our 6-6 linemen charging every play. And if (as Bo.2.0's thread purports) Lewis is back Saturday...prepare
for your career days in TFL's, Jabrill...!!!

Yours?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:02 pm

It was the Free Press, so I would take anything they say about Michigan football with a grain of salt.

It is interesting to me that so far PSU seems to be getting better QB play than they did from Christian Hackenburg (except for his freshman season).

I panic about every opponent so no firm prediction here, but I'll be watching intently on Saturday. I have two more games to go to, this Sat and then the following week against Wisconsin. After that I am doubtful as I will be training a new puppy.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Actually, it was mlive, I read it too.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/09/8_things_we_learned_about_mich_1.html#0

So PSU only has one guy that is any good, Barkley, and he will get hit a lot.

UM 45-PSU 10
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 5:57 pm

wshoes wrote:
It was the Free Press, so I would take anything they say about Michigan football with a grain of salt.

It is interesting to me that so far PSU seems to be getting better QB play than they did from Christian Hackenburg (except for his freshman season).

I panic about every opponent so no firm prediction here, but I'll be watching intently on Saturday. I have two more games to go to, this Sat and then the following week against Wisconsin. After that I am doubtful as I will be training a new puppy.

Better QB play?  Maybe, Shoes, but bear in mind: if their starting QB goes down a'la CU's Liufau he will be Sorley missed; in fact, their offense will vanish without a Trace...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:16 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Actually, it was mlive, I read it too.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/09/8_things_we_learned_about_mich_1.html#0

So PSU only has one guy that is any good, Barkley,  and he will get hit a lot.

UM 45-PSU 10

Barkley is the real deal so if their o-line can make a hole or two he's gone. Our D-line is pretty good but a hole or two isn't unrealistic. Especially if they're able to get a pass game going. That being said 24-20 Blue.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:49 pm

I'll be surprised if its that close but I'll never sneer at a win. We're still figuring out how good every team is this year. Temple beat PSU last year but lost to them this year, but is temple as good? How good is Pitt?

Our D-line against PSU's O-line would seem to be a mismatch in our favor.

PS-MichMike- you still have it!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:49 pm

delete duplicate
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 10:06 pm

wshoes wrote:
I'll be surprised if its that close but I'll never sneer at a win. We're still figuring out how good every team is this year. Temple beat PSU last year but lost to them this year, but is temple as good? How good is Pitt?

Our D-line against PSU's O-line would seem to be a mismatch in our favor.

PS-MichMike- you still have it!

I don't want it to be that close but the score will end up that way. PSU will get a garbage time TD to make the score look better. It won't be much of a game but the5 final score will leave those thinking it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...   Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread... Empty

Back to top Go down

Probably not too early to start a PSU predictions thread...
Page 1 of 1