Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shit Shit Shit

Go down 
+2
the artist formally known
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 am

Otis Reese flips to Georgia.

The highest rated recruit we had.

We're falling farther behind each year.

Fuck fuck fuck.
Back to top Go down

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Joe not just falling behind . Michigan is falling off the planet, at the rate Michigan is going Maryland will be the next toughest team . The recruiting right now is almost luke warm. to many sub par recruits O$U is making Michigan look like a DIV II team.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm

I agree. All excuses are pretty hollow. The one that drives me nuts is how young our team is and how guys looking for playing time would go elsewhere. Bull fucking shit!

o$u gets top players, bama, clemson usc all of them get top classes every year.

The idea that we're building "depth" is asinine.

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm

This is not good.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 12:23 pm

I have to agree with you guys.  Harbaugh should be recruiting better than this.

I'm beginning to have my doubts of him staying for the long term.  If he doesn't get to the Big Ten championship, and God forbid, goes 9-3 or worse again, I don't think he's back for 2019.  Sad

edit: Someone talk me off the ledge. Am I crazy to think this?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Very disheartening indeed ... let’s hope he doesn’t leave because frankly who would we get ? ... we will never recruit like Bama , and as for Clemson let’s just say they have an edge in their recruiting pitches $$$$ ... Urbz was lucky he walked into a loaded team and he took it national in recruiting because he was a NC coach... it is very evident that apart from Partridge and maybe Mattison , our coaches suck at recruiting...
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm

To me something was just off with Harbaugh last season ... there was very little emotional outbursts, he seemed almost timid at times ... was it because of a young team ? ... I wanna see the Harbaugh we saw the first couple of years ... as well , someone else here mentioned, forget these overseas trips , these kids were recruited to play football and hopefully gain a first rate degree ... hit the weights and hit the film room and run a regular spring camp !!!
Back to top Go down
michmike

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Yes, a sobering LOI day, mildly speaking.  But what about the Rice grad transfer (tackle), Calvin Anderson?  When will we learn his decision?
Back to top Go down

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Recruiting is different now than it used to be. Teams used to be happy winning a conference and going to their bowl game. Now the recruit to get to the national Championship. They are out to out recruit not just in their conference but anyone else they grab as many recruits as they can not just to fill their tram but to make sure other teams don't get them, Promise kids the moon, and if they sit long enough maybe get a chance in their 5th year. Kid still suck up the kool aide figuring they play or get 1 or 2 Championships.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 6:56 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Very disheartening indeed ... let’s hope he doesn’t leave because frankly who would we get ? ... we will never recruit like Bama , and as for Clemson let’s just say they have an edge in their recruiting pitches $$$$ ... Urbz was lucky he walked into a loaded team and he took it national in recruiting because he was a NC coach... it is very evident that apart from Partridge and maybe Mattison , our coaches suck at recruiting...

I never would have even considered Harbaugh leaving a possibility a year ago.  Let me be clear, I still don't think it will happen. And I don't want it to happen; but, I think it's a possibility now.

The Harbaugh era has been hyped beyond reasonable expectations.  He is responsible for most of the hype by promoting everything from the get go, whether it be recruiting, camps, traveling, practice, twitter, interviews.  UM fans not only bought the hype, we bought more hype on credit. Our fan base deserves every bit of the blame that Harbaugh gets.

So that said, if Harbaugh leaves after another abysmal year, I'd imagine our expectations will be completely shot.  And that might not be a bad thing.

I would not be surprised to see an upcoming coach, one who does not seek the spotlight, and one who likes to fly under the radar, have success; especially under lower expectations.

Again, don't want it to come to that.  Hopefully Harbaugh turns it around this year.  If he beats OSU and gets to the B10CG, that's success.  That would potentially boost recruiting to a top 5 class -which is off to a great start for 2019 anyway.  

Maybe the sky isn't falling.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 8:54 pm

8-5 did not help and the fact that sportswriters constantly spread Harbaugh back to NFL speculation doesn't help- you know that rival coaches are using that threat constantly to negatively recruit. No one is speculating on Urban to the NFL or Kirby Smart etc.

2018 will be very important for the Michigan narrative going forward. I personally think it will be a very good year.

As for Harbaugh seeming less engaged on the sidelines, I don't know- I still think the ridiculous sideline penalty against him in the OSU game the year before impacted him. From what I've heard he isn't any less intense in practice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shit Shit Shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Shit Shit   Shit Shit Shit Empty

Back to top Go down

Shit Shit Shit
Page 1 of 1