Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:

Go down 
+3
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
michmike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: Empty
PostSubject: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 am

“I’m not going to say I’m in favor or against it. I’m usually always* in favor of the cards I’m dealt.”

Bad grammar there*, coach, but wonderful attitude.  Not bad advice for ANYONE in ANY endeavor or walk of life.
Take control of what you CAN...

The man even has a paternalistic plan (go fishing?  play whiffle-ball?) for helping his team pass the extra time,
learned (the column said) at Richmond and at [next door to me] Canisius College.

DAMN, it will be a sad day for us all in the M family when he retires..
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 12:52 pm

"DAMN, it will be a sad day for us all in the M family when he retires.."

That is the truth!
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Like I said in another post, he'll be very hard to replace.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 pm

It's best to not even think about it...
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 pm

I was very down on JB at the beginning of last season. No D. No rebounding. No driving to the hoop. Pass around the perimeter and jack up a three as the shot clock expires. Obviously last year's team started coming around and finished the season well, doing all the things they didn't at the start of the year. This year's team has done all the above since the start of the season. JB has done a great job all season. He has always been a class act. I too hope he stays around for a long time.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 7:26 am

flabluefan1 wrote:
I was very down on JB at the beginning of last season.  No D. No rebounding. No driving to the hoop.  Pass around the perimeter and jack up a three as the shot clock expires.  Obviously last year's  team started coming around and finished the season well, doing all the things they didn't at the start of the year.  This year's team has done all the above since the start of the season.  JB has done a great job all season.  He has always been a class act.  I too hope he stays around for a long time.
I remember defending JB to you last year.  Last years team was not what you describe.  They were suffering from a few things that made them soft to start the year.  Irvin was not 100% from his back surgery.  Wilson was trying to figure out his roll.  Wagner was not consistent and Walton was just an average PG.  It just took time to gel.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 7:36 am

https://nypost.com/2018/02/27/a-coach-worth-rooting-for-in-college-basketballs-darkest-hour/
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Fish I remember our discussions well. IMO all of JB's teams except for this year's have initially begun their seasons by relying way to much on the three, not rebounding and not playing D, especially very weak against defending the other team's bigs down low.

When Mc Gary and then Morgan started playing D down low, rebounding and scoring some down there, then UM became a formidable team. Last year when Mo and DJ started driving to the hoop, rebounding and playing some D was when UM got good.

This year Mo and Mathews started out playing D rebounding and driving to the hoop. Now pretty much the entire team does those things. Come tourney time anyone can beat anyone but IMO this team is as complete a team as any that UM has had including the NC game team. If they keep playing like they did v OSU, PSU and MD they will go very far.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 3:31 pm

wshoes wrote:
"DAMN, it will be a sad day for us all in the M family when he retires.."

That is the truth!

now that Red is gone he is the best coach that M has. That includes a close vote over Hutch. Harbaugh probably sitting about 4th right now.

PostSubject: Re: Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:   Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year: Empty

Back to top Go down

Coach B on the earlier-than-usual B1G tournament this year:
Page 1 of 1