Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out Empty
PostSubject: My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out   My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 8:10 am

I concurred and concur with the majority of the pundits and so-called experts in the media: Nebraska HAD to win over us, and failed miserably to do so. (mainly because WE WON the game...it was our shooting and defense that decided matters). It negates their lone quality win of the season: over us by 20 at Lincoln. Which now looks like a fluke.

As for PSU, they now have 21 wins, including a perfect 3-for-3 over the Big Ten regular season runner-up (one of those a 23-pt rout)
(to say nothing of the fact OSU is a Dance-lock). Can't see how the Selection Committee could deny them...save perhaps for three at-home BAD losses (Rider(!), Wiscy, Minny). Sure, they were winless vs. the other three Dancers, but played MSU and Purdue tough...Purdue on the road.

Still, if we (B1G) do get a fifth team in---if it isn't they, the S.C. is a travesty.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out   My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 8:20 am

If PSU beats Purdue today I think they are in.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out   My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 8:52 am

Fish, if that happens, I will bet my next pay-stub on their being in...but unless Purdue blows them out, I think the Lions* are in...win or lose.

*-notice I did not call them "Nits", to preclude any reference to ANOTHER "dance"...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out   My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 10:43 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
If PSU beats Purdue today I think they are in.

Also think PSU has to win today to get in. I think beating OSU 3 times is not as good as having at least 1 of their signature wins against someone else. Their overall numbers metrics aren't that strong either.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out   My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Well, I may end up eating crow on this one, 'Shoes and Fish. After all, Nebraska's lame showing yesterday now could make PSU's loss to them to close the regular season look a little like a "bad" loss.

Guess I'd better do a double-take:
(1) PSU wins today, and they are IN...no matter what they do against either (State of) Michigan team.
(2) PSU loses a close one, or by a "respectable" score, anything can happen (come S. Sunday).
(3) PSU gets blown out today, their chances of making it are reduced by, say, one-third.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out   My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out Empty

Back to top Go down

My [meaningless/opinionated/ take on the Dance: PSU in, Nebr. out
Page 1 of 1