Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anderson announcement?

Go down 
+3
GOBLUEJOE66
joe
dwoody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Anderson announcement? Empty
PostSubject: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm

I see nothing on the Google. What time today?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 3:27 pm

I can't find the time either woody.

All signs point towards Michigan.

This means he's going elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Official still to come but it's Texas!!

Go Blue!!! )
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 am

Fine with not getting him, despite our needs on the O-line. As I understand it he only intends to attend one semester of grad school and then get ready for the draft. Purely a sham as a student.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 3:55 am

wshoes wrote:
Fine with not getting him, despite our needs on the O-line. As I understand it he only intends to attend one semester of grad school and then get ready for the draft. Purely a sham as a student.

That's what almost every grad transfer does and it's a shame. Actually one of the Leasing Agents at my apartment complex is engaged to a former Michigan football graduate school transfer Alex Carlton. He never played but he was a backup kicker who went to undergrad at West Point. I was told that he was also strongly considering Duke for Grad School but ultimately it came down to the fact that a Michigan degree carries so much weight it is unreal. Also football is better at Michigan than it is at Duke, even if he didn't play. So Alex is one of the rare Grad Transfers who actually came here for school.

Even Devin Gardner who actually completed 3/4's of his Grad School Program left early to train for the combine which he wasn't even invited to IIRC.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:10 am

Shoes, Bo, I'm with both of you...but more for FOOTBALL reasons. Unless C.A. is a superstar (which he obviously isn't, since in that case he'd be at NFL combines, not seeking out "graduate school" transfer options), I'm glad he chose to go elsewhere.

Someone coming into our O-Line meeting room and taking a spot just for the asking---and for ONE YEAR ONLY---is the LAST thing our O-Line (or any segment of our team) needs. In terms of morale, camaraderie, chemistry...you name it.

Our O-line KNOWS it was a team weakness and must improve. The most counterproductive thing it could encounter at this point would be yet ANOTHER reminder---like a whoDaHellAreYou from the outside coming in, taking one of their jobs---that "you guys aren't good enough [and never will be]".
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 9:04 pm

michmike wrote:
Shoes, Bo, I'm with both of you...but more for FOOTBALL reasons.  Unless C.A. is a superstar (which he obviously isn't, since in that case he'd be at NFL combines,  not seeking out "graduate school" transfer options), I'm glad he chose to go elsewhere.

Someone coming into our O-Line meeting room and taking a spot just for the asking---and for ONE YEAR ONLY---is the LAST thing our O-Line (or any segment of our team) needs.  In terms of morale, camaraderie, chemistry...you name it.

Our O-line KNOWS it was a team weakness and must improve. The most counterproductive thing it could encounter at this point would be yet ANOTHER reminder---like a whoDaHellAreYou from the outside coming in, taking one of their jobs---that "you guys aren't good enough [and never will be]".

If a grad transfer helps than I'm all for it. I'm wondering how many of you had different opinions with Jake Ruddock.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 3:19 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
michmike wrote:
Shoes, Bo, I'm with both of you...but more for FOOTBALL reasons.  Unless C.A. is a superstar (which he obviously isn't, since in that case he'd be at NFL combines,  not seeking out "graduate school" transfer options), I'm glad he chose to go elsewhere.

Someone coming into our O-Line meeting room and taking a spot just for the asking---and for ONE YEAR ONLY---is the LAST thing our O-Line (or any segment of our team) needs.  In terms of morale, camaraderie, chemistry...you name it.

If a grad transfer helps than I'm all for it. I'm wondering how many of you had different opinions with Jake Ruddock.

I never said anything bad about it, Grad transfers just aren't ideal in my mind.  The Rudock thing was a special situation though.  Anderson was more of a depth guy.  In order for an OL to really gel they need to be together for years, that wasn't possible with Anderson.  Sure it's similar with a QB but we literally had no one else.  Rudock worked exceptionally well, but only for a year (technically not even a year as he got hurt).

Last edited by Bo 2.0 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...The Ruddock thing was a special situation though.  Anderson was more of a depth guy...  

...Sure it's similar with a QB but we literally had no one else...

All these years and you still have no idea about what the hell you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 pm

I guess I'd have to see what classes Jake took. Did he drop out after fall semester?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Jake was ready to begin medical school before he signed with the Lions
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm

dwoody wrote:
Jake was ready to begin medical school before he signed with the Lions

That's what I thought. So he was a real honest to goodness student.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
...The Ruddock thing was a special situation though.  Anderson was more of a depth guy...  

...Sure it's similar with a QB but we literally had no one else...

All these years and you still have no idea about what the hell you're talking about.

Still playing that? OK, whatever...
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 pm

He was pursuing a degree in kinesiology, a good background for an orthopedic surgeon. Many, many orthopods are former jocks.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 4:47 am

dwoody wrote:
He was pursuing a degree in kinesiology, a good background for an orthopedic surgeon. Many, many orthopods are former jocks.

I am in no way shape or form trying to belittle Rudock but jocks predominantly take the kinesiology track. That is reportedly one of the easier majors (not counting general studies). Of course any program at UM is difficult although it can be less demanding. For instance, Graduate students who take MSW classes. The initial semester is loaded with 500-level foundation courses. From what friends have told me about them it is A LOT of reading and writing papers. Tutors can do that stuff. Normally students are required to also perform a practicum (internship) along with those courses but the athletes are excused due to their schedule. Football season is over before winter semester begins (normally) so they do not need to even come back to school.

Now Devin Gardner was unique. He actually came back to school for both his 2nd and 3rd Grad school semesters. I was told that he performed multiple practicums over the summer to make up for the time that he missed during his 1st semester as well as get a jump on the 3rd semester which he would miss practicum time due to football. So I assume that he actually got 3/4's of the way through the MSW program before he left school to pursue a football career. What's also impressive is that Devin actually wants his MSW after he finishes playing football. That is what he wants to do later in life so I'm guessing that after he retires he'll come back to finish. I didn't realize that you could have a gap in your program like that but Devin does have an extenuating circumstance so maybe they'll let it slide with him?

And before 'eggo comments that I don't know what I'm talking about yes I do.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 10:47 am

You certainly understand the MSW program. Congrats, I'll get your trophy out in the mail.

But to say that UM literally had no one else at QB during Ruddock's transfer year is just plain wrong. Speight as a backup led a game winning drive against Minnesota (IMO his first meaningful action of that year) and went on to put in two better-than-average seasons after Ruddock left (although we could pick that apart until the end of time). I also still firmly believe that Shane Morris could have won at least 8 games that year as a starting QB had he not taken a redshirt. Spin it how you want, but your statement doesn't hold water.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 11:55 am

"That is reportedly one of the easier majors (not counting general studies)."

Don't keep repeating this old saw. General Studies is a way of avoiding the otherwise difficult language requirement (which I was lucky enough to have placed out of or I might have considered it). It can be as (relatively) easy or tough as you choose to make it. My roommate went the BGS route and he went on to Mich Dental school and became a dental surgeon. I can assure you there was nothing easy about his under graduate or graduate curriculum.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 pm

I have 2 thoughts one of which I think was mentioned already.

1. If he was really good he'd be in the NFL.

2. I do not think you can compare a grad QB and a grad offensive lineman.

Actually, in my opinion, the offensive line would be the LAST place you'd want a transfer because of the time it takes a line to meld together. All other positions are sort of one on one. A cb can play on an island. A wr too. QB or RB.

I could go on.

As far as Michigan football and Grad Transfers, I don't care one way or the other. If they make us better I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
You certainly understand the MSW program. Congrats, I'll get your trophy out in the mail.

But to say that UM literally had no one else at QB during Ruddock's transfer year is just plain wrong. Speight as a backup led a game winning drive against Minnesota (IMO his first meaningful action of that year) and went on to put in two better-than-average seasons after Ruddock left (although we could pick that apart until the end of time). I also still firmly believe that Shane Morris could have won at least 8 games that year as a starting QB had he not taken a redshirt. Spin it how you want, but your statement doesn't hold water.

Speight was a surprise who regressed a bit against quality competition his 2nd year starting at QB and then his 3rd year starting at QB, well you saw it. Morris was a disaster, ever since the Minnesota game he was never the same. Rudock is/was a good QB, I never said that he wasn't. Truth is that he was it in Coach Harbaugh's first year. Speight wasn't bad to finish the year but I kinda doubt that he would have started off that well. Heck, even Rudock had his issues against Utah (his unfamiliarity with the team in game situations was most likely why).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson announcement?   Anderson announcement? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson announcement?
Page 1 of 1