Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. Empty
PostSubject: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 pm

I think this good for him.  Go through the process, see what NBA execs/coaches say his shortcomings are.  Unless he blows up during the workouts, but I don't think he will.  I'm confident he will be back. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2018/04/20/michigans-charles-matthews-declares-draft-not-hire-agent/34080667/
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Exploring is ok. He needs another year, though, to show consistency.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 9:58 am

worked well for Moe- look at how much his rebounding improved this season.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 11:08 am

Personally I think he's gone.

Projected first round. $$$$$$$$$$$$

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Joe pretty sure the article said he projected for 1st round NEXT YEAR if he stayed in school. IMO he's doing the right thing seeing where he stands and then working on his game next season at UM. If he works hard and improves he'll see some big $ after next season.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 3:40 pm

That's possible Fla.

what I think is he went to Kentucky figuring he would be 1 and done. He wasn't good enough. Now they are looking at him, I think he's gone.

Hopefully I'm wrong

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 3:58 pm

IMO he really needs another year in college. Needs to be able to shoot FTs, which is simply a matter of practice and concentration. Needs to work on his outside shot. If he is able to develop a consistent outside shot even if not from three range it will enhance his undoubted ability to drive to the hoop. If he can hit threes consistently he could be unstoppable.

IMO this is what he'll find out from the NBA and he'll return to get better at UM.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Oh, I don't disagree with anything you said in your first paragraph.

I hope you are correct in your second paragraph.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 am

flabluefan1 wrote:
IMO he really needs another year in college. Needs to be able to shoot FTs, which is simply a matter of practice and concentration. Needs to work on his outside shot. If he is able to develop a consistent outside shot even if not from three range it will enhance his undoubted ability to drive to the hoop.  If he can hit threes consistently he could be unstoppable.

IMO this is what he'll find out from the NBA and he'll return to get better at UM.  
Wilson needed another year in school too, but 1st round money is guaranteed in the NBA so now the Bucks are paying him big bucks to play in the G-League.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.   Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent. Empty

Back to top Go down

Matthews declares for draft will not hire agent.
Page 1 of 1