Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patterson eligible.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Patterson eligible. Empty
PostSubject: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 5:47 pm

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/BREAKING-Shea-Patterson-to-be-granted-immediate-eligibility-by-NCAA-117718437?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180426_162638_Michigan%20Wolverines&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=AE-2C-B5-60-E6-B8-DB-92-BA-57-69-39-11-34-90-CE180426_162638MichiganWolverines

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 6:03 am

I'm giddy.  But I'll hold celebrating until official announcement.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:49 am

Fish, I'll go you one step better/further: I'll hold off celebrating until it is officially announced AND until I learn he is our starting QB, and has fully, indisputably EARNED it.

The last thing our program (same as with any) needs is dissention brought on by "prima donna-hood"...some hotshot stepping in an taking over based solely on reputation.

Then again, I'm not worried about the "earn" part. Meritocracy has always been a Harbaugh trait.

And to a man, I am NOT---in any way---saying I will be DISAPPOINTED/DISTRAUGHT if S.P.'s ruled eligible but is BEATEN OUT by Peters or McCaffery. Hey---as the age-old saying runs, May The Best Man Win!
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Great news .... now the hard part comes , that is coming together as a team .... Patterson is looked upon by much of the fan base as the saviour , that is enormous pressure on the kid ...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:14 pm

He is one guy but it is the single most important position on the team. He has demonstrated that he can play at a high level. It is an important piece of the puzzle.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:40 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/04/27/michigan-wolverines-football-shea-patterson-eligible-ncaa/559641002/

Is that good enough for you?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 7:49 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Great news .... now the hard part comes , that is coming together as a team .... Patterson is looked upon by much of the fan base as the saviour , that is enormous pressure on the kid ...

Could not agree with your point more, BoLeach.  Far too much of our fanbase---less than 24 hours after SP's 2018 eligibility became official---are mistaking the "2" on his chest for an "S".  And mature and even-handed as he may be, he HAS to be hearing some of that.

Sure, his credentials (in actual games) are impressive, as were his ratings (5*) out of high school.  But he did miss four games with an injury. Even if fully healed, which to all (media) indications it is, he's in a new system, with new teammates, coaches and a new campus and city. (Happily, only 50 miles from his hometown...that should help). And of course, he has to PROVE he's the No.1 man for the most important job on the team.

As I told Fish above, I choose to reserve judgment till the depth chart comes out no sooner than midway through fall camp.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 5:58 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:

While true I'm not that concerned. He played in the SEC, football is king down there. Developing the team chemistry is paramount but from the very little that I've heard it is developing. Think back to Rudock, he developed it in a month or two. She got here in January, he has a whole spring, summer, and fall to facilitate the type of relationships that you need to be a successful QB. I'm not too concerned, of course I'm not thinking National Championship or even B1G championship but I'm thinking 9-3 at worst, 10-2 at best. Losses to Notre Dame, ohio state, and if there is a 3rd loss I hate to say it sparty. I really don't think Notre Dame is that good but it will be Shea's first game so...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patterson eligible.   Patterson eligible. Empty

Back to top Go down

Patterson eligible.
Page 1 of 1