Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preseason ratings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
flabluefan1

Preseason ratings Empty
PostSubject: Preseason ratings   Preseason ratings EmptyMon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Ridiculous that so many of the so called rankings have UM in the top 5 or so. 14-1 to win the NC. All seem to assume that Patterson will be the starter. That might well be but the coaches sure haven't given any indication that that is the case. Granted they could have already made the decision and are just keeping it under wraps. Regardless having UM ranked so high with so many question marks coming into the season is pretty far afield IMO.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Preseason ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preseason ratings   Preseason ratings EmptyMon May 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Yeah Fla, preseason rankings are ridiculous. Meaningless.

They tried to make sometime in October be the "first official" ranking. I call Bull Shit. Everyone knows every week where everyone is rated.

fishgoblue22

Preseason ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preseason ratings   Preseason ratings EmptyTue May 22, 2018 6:38 am

I think it has a lot to do with returning 9 of 11 starters on one of the best defenses in the nation.
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

Preseason ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preseason ratings   Preseason ratings EmptyTue May 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Yes but we had the #3 D in the nation last year and went 8-5. The O needs to step up big time. While I think it has a very good chance to do so, to rate UM #5 preseason simply assumes that it is going to happen which IMO is a big stretch.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Preseason ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preseason ratings   Preseason ratings EmptyWed May 23, 2018 3:18 am

flabluefan1 wrote:
Yes but we had the #3 D in the nation last year and went 8-5.  The O needs to step up big time.  While I think it has a very good chance to do so, to rate UM #5 preseason simply assumes that it is going to happen which IMO is a big stretch.    

I fully agree, overrated. I've got a friendly beer bet with some guy I know from a bar, he's also an alumnus so it's all good. Our wager is on the regular season record. My buddy says that Michigan will finish better than 10-2, I am saying that they'll finish worse than 10-2 (needless to say I hope that I'm wrong).

I firmly believe that his has his maize & blue colored glasses on. What do you think?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Preseason ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preseason ratings   Preseason ratings EmptyWed May 23, 2018 6:55 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
flabluefan1 wrote:
Yes but we had the #3 D in the nation last year and went 8-5.  The O needs to step up big time.  While I think it has a very good chance to do so, to rate UM #5 preseason simply assumes that it is going to happen which IMO is a big stretch.    

I fully agree, overrated.  I've got a friendly beer bet with some guy I know from a bar, he's also an alumnus so it's all good.  Our wager is on the regular season record.  My buddy says that Michigan will finish better than 10-2, I am saying that they'll finish worse than 10-2 (needless to say I hope that I'm wrong).  

I firmly believe that his has his maize & blue colored glasses on.  What do you think?

10-2 will be tough with this schedule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Preseason ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preseason ratings   Preseason ratings Empty

Back to top Go down

Preseason ratings
Page 1 of 1