Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...

Go down 
+3
joe
wshoes
michmike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... Empty
PostSubject: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 am

...what say we return to tomorrow night's big game? None too early for predictions eh?

I'm going with us, 31-21. Wisconsin's talented and veteran OL will make some lanes in ANY D-line, even ours (at full strength). But not enough (in ours) to create a huge offensive output. And their [2018] defense, never that impressive and now dinged up even more in the secondary, ought to have Pep and his men salivating at the thought of Nebraska's 400 yards in the air against them.

And of course, in the likely event Shea and his friends (and I do mean FRIENDS, given the healthy rapport he seems to have--and SAYS to have--developed with his WRs and TEs) have a good day passing, our runners (with Evans finally back to spell Higdon, and Tru) should find the lanes opening eventually as well.

Comments?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 12:28 pm

I am Mr. "worry about jinxs" but I am cautiously optimistic. We have played well at home against Wisconsin historically and specifically this year- our strength (run defense) matches up against their strength. That's assuming that we are relatively healthy on our D-line (that question seems up in the air). I do think they will force us/challenge us to pass and I am increasingly confident in our passing game such that we can meet that challenge.

I'm going. It sounds like it will be cold but dry, not sure about wind which will weigh heavily on the passing game.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 12:53 pm

I see 46 degrees at noon when I'll get there. 49 at 2:00, 52 at 4:00 and 46 at kickoff. Real feel at kick says 43. By 1:00 (end of the game) I see 39 degrees with a heat wave of 40 real feel.

There is 0 precip in the forecast. Wind starts at 11Mph and slowly goes down to 6-10 at game time and 2-7 at game's end.

Last night I spent an extra $3.99 on Accuweather and now I get 3 days of hourly forecast and 20 days of daily. I thought it would be worth $4.00. I squander that away all the time.

This has been the latest weather forecast from beautiful Southwestern Michigan. Smile

Oh, my guess is 34-24.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 1:20 pm

I think UM wins a close one. I think Shea is introduced to a national audience and takes over the game with his arm.

I'm also concerned that everyone is picking UM. I hope Corso puts on a badger head.

35-24 Good guys.
Back to top Go down
flabluefan1

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Um should win but can’t start slowly and get behind and let them grind out the clock. Need to get ahead early and create lots of 3D and longs it’s time for a signature win. Unfortunately the Gents perform at the cga class of68 reunion at 7:30. My worst fears realized. I’ll be checking my cel regularly.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 3:11 pm

That is always stressful when you have a conflicting obligation. I don't know how some people can wait to watch a big game in delay. I have to know the score in real time. If I'm with family or friends; and they start the game an hour back or so, I always hit the live button and tell them they can watch that later.

I like our chances for a signature win tomorrow. The OL is getting better as I thought it would under Warinner.

UW is a little one-dimensional on O, and probably closer to its ceiling. I like our D to have the advantage there.

Our O is just starting to get comfortable and is gaining confidence as a unit. The passing game is coming on. At home I like our chances:

UM 34 UW 20

A key stat to keep our eyes on: UW's defense gives up 2nd most yards per play in the B10 at 6.01. That said the Badger D is on the field the least in the conference at only 291 plays. So obviously, Chryst really depends on ball control and keeping possession. If we stop them, we will gash them. Obviously turnovers is another key but not much different..they are +4; we are +1 on the year.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 pm

That's a good observation about them seeking to shorten the game- fewer plays, fewer possessions. That does place a great premium (even more than usual) on being efficient and not turning it over. Hopefully our punter is great again (but without too many punts).
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 am

Wiscy top DE is not able to play. 31-10, Michigan.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:01 am

I'd be shocked if the game is that lopsided in our favor. Wisc has one of the best O-lines in the country (which goes 8 deep) paving the way for the best back in the BT against a depleted Mich D-line (man, I hope Gary is playing and at close to full strength). They will seek to shorten the game by running the ball as they always do. Hornibrook is accurate and killed us on 3rd downs last year.

Their defense is depleted and we should be able to move the ball. The one good thing about their D is that they tighten up in the red zone. We need to convert on our chances.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 12:01 pm

On the latter note, 'Shoes, I wonder if their top DE being out for this game (as Woody pointed out) is the reason the line bumped up to an even 10???   One less body for our maturing O-Line to worry about in giving Shea the time he needs---and it isn't much---to pick apart their depleted secondary. Or for Evans or Wilson to face on wide runs. (Higdon's an inside runner).

Still, I'll stick with my 31-21. Even if one or more of  [Gary, Solomon, Kemp, Dwumfour] is/are able to play, I simply can't see us holding their rushing attack (with Taylor and that O-line) and their adequate if unspectacular passing game to only Woody's 10 points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...   Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control... Empty

Back to top Go down

Since FBF's "[the] OFFENSE" thread is spiraling out of control...
Page 1 of 1