Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question:

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Question: Empty
PostSubject: Question:   Question: EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Watching the MSU/Wisconsin game and the announcers say "If MSU wins the Big Ten Tourney, coupled with them tying for the conference championship, they should be a #1 Seed."

So, my little brain says if Michigan wins the Tourney, and since we tied for the conference championship, shouldn't we be a #1 seed?

Our RPI and SOS are hardly different than MSUs. We have a coupld more losses but if that's thae case we will have beaten Ohio 2out of 3 AND MSU 2 out of 3.

Makes sense to me

PostSubject: Re: Question:   Question: EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Even though I agree with you on all the points you have made, Michigan would be considered an upset winner if they were to win the Big 10 Championship. By them being ranked 13th in the polls, there are way too many teams ahead of them to be considered a #1 seed. State has a reputation behind them along with Izzo's name and that is taken in consideration with the seeding. Is it right, no, but that is what they do. If Michigan were to win it all, the best they would get is a #2 seed. Right now, they are looking at a #3 or #4 seed, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Question:   Question: EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:39 pm

So basically, Izzo's reputation would get him a #1 seed like Michigan's reputation got us a Sugar Bowl Bid.

PostSubject: Re: Question:   Question: EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:57 pm

I really think that if it came down to choosing say between a Marquette or a Michigan State for the final #1 position, and all things being even, they would select MSU over Marquette because of reputation. That most likely wouldn't come into play if it was a MSU and UNC going head to head.

As far as Michigan going to the Sugar Bowl. They deserved it, their record was proof enough, but it does help that they have a huge fan base that travels to Bowl games. Very Happy It's all about money with Bowl games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question:   Question: Empty

Back to top Go down

Question:
Page 1 of 1