Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Feeling Yesterday

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Good Feeling Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 pm

It was great because we won 42-7 and we didn't like the way we played at all.

A lot of learning points even for someone as good as Chase. That long TD was on him. The next possession they had a long run also, again because Chase over pursued. He got an earful when he got back to the bench.

Overall we played well but there was still a feeling that we could have played so much better.

I remember feeling numb when RichRod was coach. We walked back to the car and it didn't even hurt to lose anymore.

With Hoke it was a promise of greatness only to see the team regress week after week. Again losing wasn't so bad anymore.

The feeling yesterday was great. It's great feeling we looked like shit when we won 42-7.

I am hopeful AND pumped for the next 2 games.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Defense seemed a little not up for the game. Offense was vanilla and didn't even really try to run against the 9 man box. So Shea had a big day passing.

Good win.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:14 pm

JH made the point that passing conditions were very difficult and if the wind was as described, it certainly was. In that context Shea's performance was remarkable.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 am

What gave me the warm-n-fuzzy about the easy win was [1] no injuries to anyone on offense, and hopefully only minor injuries to Kwitty and Lavert, and [2] Jimbo keeping the playbook SHUT to OSU scouts on hand.

We did what we had to do without fanfare. And if indeed that 80-yard bolt was on Chase (mainly), I have zero doubt he'll be equal to the fact, and work to clean up what he did wrong.

And I agree 100+ percent, Shoes, Shea's passing in those elements was remarkable. Right at his year-long average of 67% (18 of 27).
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 7:15 pm

michmike wrote:
What gave me the warm-n-fuzzy about the easy win was [1] no injuries to anyone on offense, and hopefully only minor injuries to Kwitty and Lavert

Lavert is in concussion protocol.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/11/12/michigan-football-lavert-hill-concussion-protocol/1977478002/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 pm

it's nice to see Michigan not fire on all cylinders and yet, still put in the dominating performance that is expected of them. This hasn't always been the case for quite some time.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 9:28 pm

+1

PostSubject: Re: Good Feeling Yesterday   Good Feeling Yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Feeling Yesterday
Page 1 of 1