Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

really dont know what to expect

Go down 
+4
fishgoblue22
BOLEACH7
joe
the artist formally known
8 posters
AuthorMessage

really dont know what to expect Empty
PostSubject: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 11:36 pm

O$U has looked so bad at times this year their defense looked like it couldn't stop a kitten, yet their offense can be so Jekyl and hyde. Haskin can throw for 4 hundred or they can not hit and open receiver. On the other hand Michigan can stop a team for less than 150 yrds . Then you go hurry up and the get 300 yrds. Offense to me is sometime a little to tight I get that they would like to bruise and tire your team out, but sometime I think they need a big play. Saturday would be a great day for Black to break lose,

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 6:02 pm

What I see with Haskins is if he has time he's deadly. You make him move and he's pedestrian.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Am expecting quick 3 step drops and passes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 9:57 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Am expecting quick 3 step drops and passes

yes but that is his MO. when I watched Purdue it seemed he was always looking to the outside for pass plays , Then against MSU it seemed pass plays were mainly over the middle. I know MSU has a great run defense and maybe a lot of passes over the middle because their LB do not drop into routes well. In any case I hope we presure the hell out of him and he gets knocked on his ass a few times cheers cheers

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 7:56 am

crossing patterns worry me with the athletic WR's that OSU has.

They may look bad, but they are still a 10-1 team.

I'm worried about this game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 4:50 pm

I am absolutely worried about the game. As we all know we have lost 14 of 15, beating only Luke Fickell's 6-7 team. We were also favored in that game but it was at home. The last 2 times we were favored in Columbus, in 2004 and 1994, we LOST by double digits.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Weren't we also favored in 2000? We WON by double digits (38-26). I still remember that Lloyd elected to go for it on 4th down, up by 5, and Drew Henson scored on a misdirection keeper.

I would have thought we were favored in that one...and it was in the Toilet Bowl.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 9:53 pm

michmike wrote:
Weren't we also favored in 2000?  We WON by double digits (38-26).  I still remember that Lloyd elected to go for it on 4th down, up by 5, and Drew Henson scored on a misdirection keeper.

I would have thought we were favored in that one...and it was in the Toilet Bowl.

Mike, we were not favored that year and only ranked #19 (against OSU's #12), going into The Game in 2000.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 am

hey shoes hopefully Shea puts on a performance like Drew Henson did that day ... coming off that performance and the one in the bowl game couldn’t wait for his Sr season ... damn Yankees !!!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 10:26 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
hey shoes hopefully Shea puts on a performance like Drew Henson did that day ... coming off that performance and the one in the bowl game couldn’t wait for his Sr season ... damn Yankees !!!

Agree Drew was fabulous against both the Buckeyes and in the bowl game.

If he comes back and has a great senior season, he is probably the overall #1 pick in the NFL draft and who knows for his pro career? He never recovered from his dalliance with baseball.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 6:28 pm

wshoes wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

Agree Drew was fabulous against both the Buckeyes and in the bowl game.

If he comes back and has a great senior season, he is probably the overall #1 pick in the NFL draft and who knows for his pro career? He never recovered from his dalliance with baseball.

While I didn't know Drew personally I did grow up in the town next to it and knew several people who did know Drew and went to school/played sports with him.  Baseball was ALWAYS his first love.  He had serious dreams at an early age about playing Major League ball.  Yes he enjoyed football too but nowhere near the same extent.

I wasn't a Michigan fan back then but it was impossible not to hear things about Henson.  A lot of people liked him as a person.  I can't make a call as I never really met him.  Sure we saw each other in passing a few times but I didn't really know him.  All I have to go on is what I have heard from multiple very reliable sources.  He loved baseball, his Dad coached baseball.  It didn't shock me at all.  Although putting myself in your shoes I suppose that I would have been displeased if I was a UM fan back then.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?

Last edited by Bo 2.0 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Wow. type so much to say so little.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 11:56 pm

joe wrote:

Like.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 4:06 am

joe wrote:

And yet it's still infinitely more than your contribution.....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 8:03 am

Bo2/Joe/Shoes/Leach/Fish/Artist----  re: Drew Henson.  We all saw first-hand what a great college QB he was---rifle arm passing, good mobility, and of course 6-5 height (sight lines).  How that would have translated to the NFL we won't know.

But regarding his first love (per Bo2): Holding the US record for career high school homers is great, sure. But I (who as a former pitcher know something about THROWING) was extremely puzzled when I read the Yankees' appraisal: "Good this, good that, AVERAGE ARM..."

WTF???? I asked myself. With the laser beams he throws a football as???  But then, former poster "GreyGhost" and I (summer, 2002) saw him in Rochester, NY, as the Yanks' triple-A club was in town, and Drew at 3B.  I saw what they meant; warming up between innings was one thing, but during actual play, a guy hit a high chopper his way, requiring a quick throw to beat him to first. And Henson's throw---which, it appeared, he DID put effort into---was ANYTHING but a rope. Then, at bat, he struck out miserably on a breaking ball (Yankee appraisal decried his inability to hit breakers). I mean, he practically waved at it...

My point:  from what little I saw, Drew was a FAR better QB than baseball player. I definitely think he chose the wrong sport.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 11:46 am

The rate of success in the NFL vs MLB for blue chip college talent is far far higher in the NFL. There is a greater fear of injury in football but basically the odds favor the NFL.

Why? In part because the ability to hit a major league breaking ball cannot be discerned in college unlike the ability to hit a deep out pattern or read a defense etc. Henson's issue in addition to an average arm for a third baseman was that he could not hit a good breaking ball.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 11:08 am

wshoes wrote:
The rate of success in the NFL vs MLB for blue chip college talent is far far higher in the NFL. There is a greater fear of injury in football but basically the odds favor the NFL.

Why? In part because the ability to hit a major league breaking ball cannot be discerned in college unlike the ability to hit a deep out pattern or read a defense etc. Henson's issue in addition to an average arm for a third baseman was that he could not hit a good breaking ball.

But up until recently, the NFL did not have guaranteed contracts and the MLB has had them for a long time. Henson made a lot of money by failing to reach his MLB potential.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 1:19 pm

The NFL technically doesn't have guaranteed contracts either. They just get 1/2 the total in a bonus and another 40% in the first year of the contract. After that they are on the "cheap". So a guy signs a $10 mil 4 year contract, get's $5 as a bonus and $4 the first year. Then gets $500,000 each of the last 2 years. That way if the team cuts you you've gotten most of your money up front.

This doesn't apply to Kirk Cousins who signed the first ALL GUARANTEED contract last off season with the Vikings. In fact owners are afraid of his contract because now all the good players are going to ask for them. It was a huge precedent that will end up costing the owners a lot of money.

So the MLB contracts are still better as far as security.

PostSubject: Re: really dont know what to expect   really dont know what to expect Empty

Back to top Go down

really dont know what to expect
Page 1 of 1