Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. Empty
PostSubject: Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.   Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 5:44 am

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807906-kyler-murray-still-plans-to-give-up-football-play-baseball-in-athletics-system

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.   Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 am

It is the right move. The money is already on the table. I'd make the same choice.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.   Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 11:35 am

Every case is individual. Not sure if Murray is considered a great NFL prospect. Henson still made the wrong choice. If he had come back and was the top overall pick in the NFL draft or close to it (and that was projected), then his first contract would have exceeded what he made from baseball. If he lived up to his football expectations his earnings would absolutely have dwarfed those that the had.

He needed another year of play without a several year break. He really only played 10 full games in his college career.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.   Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 11:39 am

An interesting case to me is Kirk Gibson. He very likely made the correct choice with baseball, as a 2 time world champion and one time MVP (though it was one of the worst MVP years ever). I did think he was a better football player though, so it would have been fun to see what he could do. However his propensity to get hurt even in baseball probably did not bode well for a football career.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.   Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 11:40 am

Also remember Tom Brady was once considered a far better baseball prospect than football.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.   Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 4:09 am

wshoes wrote:
Every case is individual. Not sure if Murray is considered a great NFL prospect. Henson still made the wrong choice. If he had come back and was the top overall pick in the NFL draft or close to it (and that was projected), then his first contract would have exceeded what he made from baseball. If he lived up to his football expectations his earnings would absolutely have dwarfed those that the had.

He needed another year of play without a several year break. He really only played 10 full games in his college career.

Not sure about Murray and his NFL prospects but he is in the Heisman discussion this year.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.   Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident. Empty

Back to top Go down

Because we were just talking about the Drew Henson incident.
Page 1 of 1