Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pumped for tomorrow.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Pumped for tomorrow. Empty
PostSubject: Pumped for tomorrow.   Pumped for tomorrow. EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 1:20 pm

I don't care what any talking heads say. They claim the "lower" bowls are worthless and all anyone cares about is the playoff.

I gotta tell you something. I cherish every time I go to or see a game. I don't know if this is my last or if I'll have another bowl to see. It's all too fragile to take for granted.

I've been to well over 150 games. Maybe 200 I don't even know. Countless more on TV. I know there are older on this forum than I. I know you've been to more games. That's not my point. My point is that I never know what game will be my last.

I really approach every game with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind.

Is this "worthless" bowl game really worthless? Not to me it isn't.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Pumped for tomorrow.   Pumped for tomorrow. EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 1:33 pm

I agree wholeheartedly Joe. I am hoping more are like you and me than the large group over on mgoblog who call this a "meaningless exhibition."
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Pumped for tomorrow.   Pumped for tomorrow. EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Well shoes, we can only control how we view the game.

And I'm beginning tailgating at 10:30. Tacos, sloppy joes and rotel. Plus all the other various crap.

My bud and I will watch as much as we can after our game. Or as much as possible before we get tired of each other.

I have caught a little bit of almost every game. I stayed up last night and watched that game. Back and forth until the very end. Better than a couple nights ago when there were 9 interceptions.

But you never know what you might see.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Pumped for tomorrow.   Pumped for tomorrow. EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 2:34 pm

Damned straight, Joe.  To a man, I'm quite appalled by the veritable APATHY attached to so many of these postseason games, including ours tomorrow---and by many of OUR OWN "fans".  Every game counts for something. Admittedly, for less than the playoff games. But you have not only your pride to protect for another game, but also the chance to play more players, and--given it is the end of the current season--to see "What you got" for the following one...

But contrary to the belief of too many Bluebloods, our season did NOT end, for ANY intents or purposes, after the debacle in the toilet bowl...
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Pumped for tomorrow.   Pumped for tomorrow. EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 3:12 pm

"What you got" is exactly that. I just looked it up and the suggested 15 practices is not the rule.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/debunking_the_15-bowl_practice_myth.html

Now this is from 2014 but I don't think it's changed.

If you want to skip the link it basically says 4 hours a day 20 hours a week max with no limit of 15 or whatever.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Pumped for tomorrow.   Pumped for tomorrow. EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 3:31 am

joe wrote:
"What you got" is exactly that. I just looked it up and the suggested 15 practices is not the rule.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/debunking_the_15-bowl_practice_myth.html

Now this is from 2014 but I don't think it's changed.

If you want to skip the link it basically says 4 hours a day 20 hours a week max with no limit of 15 or whatever.

To play devil's advocate how many weeks? 3 I assume? That comes out to 15 practices...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pumped for tomorrow.   Pumped for tomorrow. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pumped for tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1