Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Down goes Sparty

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Purdue pulls the upset. 73-63
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 pm

This was Sparty's toughest game left except for us, so it was good that they lost. Purdue played terrific defense- the best I can remember under Painter.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 am

wshoes wrote:
This was Sparty's toughest game left except for us, so it was good that they lost. Purdue played terrific defense- the best I can remember under Painter.

Also I think Izzo made a mistake going to the intentional foul to early. They were down 5 or 6 and had momentum with over 3 minutes to play and he instructs the team to foul Eastern as soon as he touches the ball. I know he is a 50% at the line, but it was still a bad strategy even if he doesn't hit them all IMO. That tactic took the air out of the ball. Even if he misses a few, the game has become choppy and not flowing like it was when they were building the comeback.

I think Izzo was telling the team that he didn't have confidence in them coming all they way back without him inserting himself into it with a stupid strategy.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 am

I thought we should have started fouling Happ with about 3 minutes to go.

It might have saved us the game.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:39 am

joe wrote:

Completely different game situation. Wisc had all the momentum and I agree fouling Happ at that time would have been the right move. However, during the MSU/Purdue game, MSU had taken the momentum and I thought this strategy killed that.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 12:45 pm

It was a sound idea. No different than fouling Simpson or Matthews. About a 50-50 chance of a miss, and stops the clock. Who knew Eastern was going to hit 6/6? At any rate, I'm glad it worked out.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 2:31 pm

joe wrote:

Joe, I have a strong feeling that, a week from Saturday, Coach B will put a designated hatchet-man** on Happ for much if the second half...unless the score is totally lopsided (which I doubt it will be in THEIR favor---although maybe in ours).

Happ will be shooting free-throws in a hostile environment, against an unfamiliar background (replete with waving arms and other paraphernalia), both of which lead one to believe his FT% that day will be much closer to his middling 50% than it was in Kohl.

**-whom I'm coach will educate NOT to swing the hatchet while Happ is totally away from the ball; that ONE intentional was enough!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Down goes Sparty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down goes Sparty   Down goes Sparty Empty

Back to top Go down

Down goes Sparty
Page 1 of 1