Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A God-awful expeience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

A God-awful expeience Empty
PostSubject: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 10:24 pm

The worst, least satsfying "win" I've seen in my decades of Michigan fandom. 33 carries for 100 yards? At that point, all other RBs had EIGHT yards. Holy fuck. What a shit show.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 10:40 pm

Many of the comments are "entertaining".

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/LongFormArticle/Michigan-Army-upset-Jim-Harbaugh-Josh-Gattis-Shea-Patterson-135277454/#135277454_1
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/LongFormArticle/Michigan-Army-upset-Jim-Harbaugh-Josh-Gattis-Shea-Patterson-135277454/#135277454_1

Well, Bo, one comment which was not the least bit entertaining, or funny, but rather was deadly serious (as in seriously RIGHT) was from the poster "Christopher Larsen"...  on our continually playing what looked like a 3-3-5 defense. Against a run-heavy team that picked up 10 yards on three runs
virtually at will?  (or 10+ yards on four runs when needed). (OH--and speaking a coach's use of the "3-3-5"...remind you of anyone?)

Why in hell hadn't Brown put an extra interior D-lineman in there?  Good that Jeter was back, and perhaps Dwumfour is still "working through something" (to quote his coach's favorite expression), but where was Ben Mason?  Wasn't he converted from FB to DT for situations just like this?  And are Chris Hinton and Mazi Smith still so far behind the curve that the brass felt they could not have helped? And did Brown think 220-pound "vipers" like K.H. and J.G. would be able to stop Army's 260-pound pile-driver fullback for less than the two or three yards he needed on 3rd-and-shorts???

A lot can change in 2 weeks---and the bye could not come at a BETTER TIME for us---but when I think of Bucky's typically-physical O-Line, one which outweighs Army's by AT LEAST 40-45 pounds per man, opening the lanes for their Heisman candidate at RB...OY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 3:48 am

michmike wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:

Well, Bo, one comment which was not the least bit entertaining, or funny, but rather was deadly serious (as in seriously RIGHT) was from the poster "Christopher Larsen"...  on our continually playing what looked like a 3-3-5 defense. Against a run-heavy team that picked up 10 yards on three runs
virtually at will?  (or 10+ yards on four runs when needed).  (OH--and speaking a coach's use of the "3-3-5"...remind you of anyone?)

Why in hell hadn't Brown put an extra interior D-lineman in there?  Good that Jeter was back, and perhaps Dwumfour is still "working through something" (to quote his coach's favorite expression), but where was Ben Mason?  Wasn't he converted from FB to DT for situations just like this?  And are Chris Hinton and Mazi Smith still so far behind the curve that the brass felt they could not have helped?  And did Brown think 220-pound "vipers" like K.H. and J.G. would be able to stop Army's 260-pound pile-driver fullback for less than the two or three yards he needed on 3rd-and-shorts???

A lot can change in 2 weeks---and the bye could not come at a BETTER TIME for us---but when I think of Bucky's typically-physical O-Line, one which outweighs Army's by AT LEAST 40-45 pounds per man, opening the lanes for their Heisman candidate at RB...OY!!!!!!

Yeah that comment rang too true. Let's try to take the similarities further. Shea is like Tate. Dylan is Denardish. Our offense is in disarray currently. Defense has no idea WTF they're doing. And we sit here hoping that things will work out.

That raises another question though, where else can we go? No where. Harbaugh is making the University a crap-ton of money. He's still winning 10 games a year, except for the aberration year with no true QB (we're spoiled and do realize it).
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 7:33 am

" Harbaugh is making the University a crap-ton of money..."

Indeed, Bo...and we all know what they say about "Money talks..." But back to the gridiron:

At this point, I refuse to assume anything or make any predictions. Only conviction in my mind after Saturday is expressed in my above comment about the bye week coming at the BEST possible time.
I'll have to see what transpires at Camp Randall before forming any new opinions...

Meanwhile, at least all our nerves will be able to RELAX and enjoy autumn this coming weekend...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 am

If you care to remember I have always been anxious about the Wiscy game. However now I'm dreading it. Is it time to start a QB controversy yet?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 pm

The Wisky game will be nothing like the Army game.

Unless they start running the triple option.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 3:21 am

joe wrote:
The Wisky game will be nothing like the Army game.

Unless they start running the triple option.

Wisconsin has big and strong farm-boys on their lines. It will be much worse.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 am

Then don't watch.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 3:29 am

I'll still watch but keep my foam-brick handy to throw at the TV...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A God-awful expeience   A God-awful expeience Empty

Back to top Go down

A God-awful expeience
Page 1 of 1