Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Terribly disappointing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Terribly disappointing Empty
PostSubject: Terribly disappointing   Terribly disappointing EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 am

but I think our season is essentially over. I am going to assume that since Livers re-injury looked even worse than the original injury, that we may well shut him down for the season. He was our best player, a strong defender and our best shooter on a team that was a below average shooting team even with him.

I'll continue to watch every game (as I did through Beilein's non-tournament seasons) and pull for improbable wins, but I think even an NIT berth is very much in doubt, because wins will be tough to come by.

On the plus side, it seems like Livers won't be leaving early for the NBA, and we have a boatload of talent coming in next season.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Terribly disappointing   Terribly disappointing EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm

best thing for this team is to lose the 1st game of the BIG10 tourney and be done, I am done wuth this group/ GO Air Force. may not be as talented but better men. They don't quit because a person got injured they pick him up a carry him to victory.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Terribly disappointing   Terribly disappointing EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:11 pm

You’re right ‘shoes. But the team seems to have lots of talent but little consistency. Shooting is an obvious problem in terms of consistency, especially free throws. In the Penn State game and Illinois games decent percentages of free throws would probably have won both. Illinois was 12 for 16 while Michigan was 12 for 21, several the first of one and ones. Enough said.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Terribly disappointing   Terribly disappointing EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Our biggest problem with free throws is that our worst FT shooters, Simpson, and Teske are the ones with the most opportunities and then Franz who had been 87 percent joins in and misses his too. Far cry from when Walton was our primary ball handler and the one getting fouled at the end of games. That said I think PSU also shot badly at the stripe in our loss to them (going on memory). Generally good outside shooters are also good FT shooters, and this team has poor shooting generally, and has had most of the season.

I notice nobody was complaining about our rebounding (which they did all through the Beilein era) because we very much held our own against one of the best rebounding teams in the nation (Illinois). We also have lost a couple of games in this streak where we compared favorably with respect to points in the paint.

It's not one thing, the talent just isn't strong enough to see us through rough patches in games (which every team has), and especially so without Livers. Teske should not have a green light to shoot 3s.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Terribly disappointing   Terribly disappointing EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Another problem that I have noticed is a defensive one. Many times recently, Michigan has allowed one opponent’s player to have a monster game, scoring 20 some to 30 some points. And in many instances it seems that it is a career high for him. Mighty discouraging for the Michigan fans. And it must affect the team’s psyche.
Both times Livers has been injured it was during a slam dunk attempt. Maybe just a layup would suffice rather than a crowd pleasing dunk. Livers is too valuable to be lost for substantial numbers of games. I realize he is a fine team player, but his team members need him playing.

PostSubject: Re: Terribly disappointing   Terribly disappointing Empty

Back to top Go down

Terribly disappointing
Page 1 of 1