Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Way OT, but...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Props to the #1 rated college baseball team in the world!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 pm

dwoody wrote:
Props to the #1 rated college baseball team in the world!

Yes but just D1 college in this country. I personally don't believe it myself but they earned it so far with wins over Vanderbilt and ASU. It isn't like they backed into the ranking, they earned it. How long will it last? Hopefully all year but that's unlikely. I'm still unsure of their pitching. Criswell is a stud, that much is known. But after that who knows?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 8:21 am

NOT that far "OT", Woody--- any triumphs or achievements of OUR MAIZE AND BLUE deserve mention...even on a "football board"!!!!

Believe me, Bo2, even taking away 46 years, YOURS TRULY would not have been the answer to "their unsure pitching" situation** !!!   Moby was astute enough to call me in strictly with a 7-run lead in the 8th/9th, OR in long-gone games with similar deficits!!! ("Mop up the mess, and save our bullpen mainstays...")

**-though in addition to Criswell, I read we have a STUD freshman in the rotation...don't recall his name.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 am

Steve Hajjar (from Andover Mass), redshirt freshman looked really sharp in his first outing.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 2:20 pm

wshoes wrote:
Steve Hajjar (from Andover Mass), redshirt freshman looked really sharp in his first outing.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/baseball/roster/steven-hajjar/20973

I admittedly wasn't aware of him really. I do recall talking to someone last year who said Michigan was redshirting a pitcher but I let it go. While I haven't watched him pitch he passes the eye-test of how a college pitcher should look. I'm not sure that's enough though. I recall running into Criswell last fall. I think that I relayed the story here. He looks like a pitcher now. I have my cautious concerns about his control but he is still light-years of where I was years ago. mike dwarfs me too, he actually played for Michigan. Life happened so I never made it to college to play athletically but there was very little interest. I guess my claim to fame re: High School baseball as throwing a no-no in my first High School varsity start. A lot of schools in Michigan came out to watch me pitch in my second start. Michigan AND sparty were included in that, but both schools left after the first inning....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:25 pm

https://mgoblue.com/news/2020/2/16/baseball-hajjar-beers-handcuff-batters-in-two-valley-of-the-sun-wins.aspx

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
michmike

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 1:30 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:

...mike dwarfs me too, he actually played for Michigan. ....

Umm, don't sell yourself TOO short there, Bo2.  I WALKED ON with the baseball team; no schollie. [Then-coach] Benedict took me (for a couple of years) strictly on my having been blessed with a good live arm* (as the boys from West Quad, to their dismay, found out in the inter-dorm snowball battles).  I was a decent "mop-up" man...able to 'bring it' well enough that late-inning garbage times weren't mere batting practice for the opponent (where you hope and pray enough of their sizzling line drives are hit right at your fielders to keep a 12-3 8th inning lead intact.)

*-I remain convinced that's one of the few athletic traits which one either HAS or HAS NOT; you can't learn or develop it. Weight training, flex-ercises, whatever cannot change the underlying element of a throwing arm: [innate] TENDON ELASTICITY. If one COULD (appreciably) increase (throwing) arm strength, outfielders (from my generation) like Mickey Rivers, Roy White, Lee Mazzilli and Ron Leflore would not have been opposing third base coaches' sweetest dreams...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Way OT, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Way OT, but...   Way OT, but... Empty

Back to top Go down

Way OT, but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: